We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
235 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Mustang Car Hire

We hired a jeep from this place. We had worked out a deal with them for a quad bike but when we returned next day, there were none left. They offered the same deal for a Jimney Jeep 160 euros for 7 days, although when it came to the paperwork they tried to charge us extra. We stuck fast and managed to get the deal, but only after many phone calls to the boss and nearly walking out. They tried to make us use cash only, and we're reluctant to let us use our credit card. Again we stuck fast.

The Jeep we were given was old, tatty, scratched, dirty inside and out, and certainly not road worthy. There was no tread on the spare tyre. A death trap. We took it slowly round the island, just in case.

Whilst we still had the jeep, I was on trip advisor and read that someone had taken their jeep back to Mustang and the technician said there was a fault and tried to charge the holidaymakers extra. We remembered this and were prepared be conned.

When we came to return the Jeep after 7 days...they looked round the jeep and said all was ok. We started to walk away, but then was called back. The technician had found the roof catch broken, and there was the broken plastic part in his hand. He tried to charge us for this. We had not broken it, in fact we never had the roof up. We believe he had had the small broken part in his hand and planted it. We just laughed at him, and said no way, and walked away!!!

Crooks! Conmen!!! Avoid

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Whereabouts in town is Mustang?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Oops hadn't seen post 10, so it's top of Papa D.

Will avoid it.

We once hired one from the bottom of Papa D the little alleyway to the right as you look from the harbour. Very cheap but a right shed. They even had the cheek to look round it when we returned it, but didn't look too closely at the bald tyres or listen out for the knocking noise from the cv joints!!

uk
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

this sounds so familiar- it wasn't a very tatty red jeep was it - the same thing happened to us in september 2013 claimed we broke the roof clip and would only take cash the guy in Koukanouries office even admitted to avoiding paying tax as they only put 50 euros on the paper work for 2 weeks hire - paid them 400!!!!!

when returning the english guy at the rental office was rude and obnoxious and only wanted paying for a roof clip - a puppet for magda i think which I know we dodn't break it seems strange when returning a jeep to them they go straight for the same thing everytime

avoid if you can cheap is not always best

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
235 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

It was the office at the top of Pappa D st in Skiathos Town

And ours was a battered green jeep

They should be shut down for not only bullying tourists but more importantly letting us drive off in vehicles that aren't roadworthy. Or will the authorities wait until some innocent person dies ?

Launceston, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Re Mustang Car Hire. Have dealt with Magda for several years now, always been treated well. Always had a Jeep, yes it was a bit dusty but what do you expect with those roads and tracks it always went and handled well. Met on time at the airport and driven back when going home. Returning in June and yes we will be using Mustang again.D&DB

Launceston, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Re Mustang Car Hire. Have dealt with Magda for several years now, always been treated well. Always had a Jeep, yes it was a bit dusty but what do you expect with those roads and tracks it always went and handled well. Met on time at the airport and driven back when going home. Returning in June and yes we will be using Mustang again.D&DB

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Funny--I have used Mustang for the last 2 years in a row and about to book for third year.

Had great service, good price. Had a minor problem with first car and after phoning they came within 30 minutes with replacement car--no questions.

Last year they met me at Port [off ferry]] at 9.30pm. I can highly recommend them. They have been going for many years and would be out of business by now if they wernt performing. They must be doing some thing right !

Try some big name car hires and see how you get treated.

Paul M--Cape Town.

Launceston, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

Re avoid Mustang Car Hire ,see our post 18/07/14. Have dealt with Magda for several years now never any trouble. We have tax dodgers in Uk !!!!! Will be back next year and will still use Mustang.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

hi

used mustang twice in 2012 and 2013 they do have some older cars and to be fair I requested a older jeep the samurai its far better off road than the jimney for what we wanted to go and see. They never checked the car when we took it back just handed the keys over and took my word it had the same fuel in it they did do a deal for cash which is kind of standard in Greece cash is king and all that did not see this as a problem and to be fair id rather them not have my card details, I have worked in the motor trade for 15 years and fully agree the cars would not pass an mot in the uk and are a bit ruff and ready but it also goes for the taxis, busses etc... but anyone can check tyre condition and you can always ask to test drive the car / jeep / bike I do and have rejected cars in the past and had no problems knocking back a car, overall had a good experience with mustang.

Belper, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Avoid Mustang Car Hire

We used Mustang when we visited in June, the Jimny was a little tatty but worked fine and got us everywhere.

The price was cheaper than our friends Fiat Panda could not get to most of the best beaches so we took them in the 4 x 4.

We had a puncture and I was expecting to pay for this bit Magda got it sorted whist we had a coffee and no charge was made.

No problem recommending Mustang and paid by debit card without any hesitation from Magda.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town