We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight with Germania

Which Skiathos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Flight with Germania

Just to let anyone who may be interested that our flight with Germania was EXCELLENT!

We had never heard of them before, but they were everything and more that I had read about them. They were not only on time but early both arriving and departing. The staff are how they used to be years ago, professional, efficient and served us with a great hot breakfast going out and a very good lunch going home. There was no struggling up and down aisles with drinks carts and duty free that takes forever because the meal and soft drinks were included in the price. No chavvy voices rattling off the emergency drill, and certainly NO SELLING SCRATCH CARDS! absolute class!

Ryanair, and Easyjet take note.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight with Germania

Hi where did you fly from and too with Germania,?

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight with Germania

We flew from Gatwick airport. It was an early morning start with the flight departing at 5.50am but we got there 30 mins early and were in the Hotel just over an hour later. No complaints. Coming back we touched down at Volos airport to pick up some more passengers but that was straight forward as we did not have to de plane. I would be thrilled if they started doing regular flights from Gatwick or other airports in the UK. Check their website for more info.

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight with Germania

Sorry forgot to say that we flew to Skiathos in Greece.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight with Germania

Their website often doesn't show the charters, only the flights for which they sell tickets themselves.

AFAIK the 2 main companies using Germania from Gatwick were Olympic holidays and Sunil. I think from Manchester they were all Olympic, but I can't be sure of that.

They operated a range of destinations in Greece this season. There is a long thread about them on the Air Travel forum, almost everyone saying how great they are. I would agree with that, a lovely experience going to Skiathos from Manchester with them in May.

whitehaven
Level Contributor
32 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight with Germania

we also flew with germania end of august for two weeks from manchester to skiathos and we have got to say very impressed with journeys both ways and shall look forward to flying with them next year.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight with Germania

we are looking at skiathos 2014 where do we get Germania flight from Manchester looked on their site dosent come up help /link please

Level Contributor
702 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight with Germania

They've not been released as yet but I believe when they are available then they're via Sunvil - the cheapest out so far is thonas cook from Manchester.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight with Germania

Jules, it may be that you can only book Germania through Sunvil for Gatwick departures alternatively Olympic Holidays are also using them for packages out of Manchester, of course this could change.

Level Contributor
702 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight with Germania

Hi mrs W. Sunvil will be doing Manchester but haven't released details yet and as of last week Olympic weren't showing germania as yet. I'm waiting for a while to see what happens before booing my flight - I've booked again with angeliki for 3 weeks:-)

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight with Germania

We booked our holiday with sunshine.co.uk (an off shoot of Hayes travel) The price was good and we departed from Gatwick, don't know if they operate from Manchester but it's worth looking up this agency, they were very efficient.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town