We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Hi, We are getting married at The Bourtzi in 2013. We would like suggestions for approx 20 of us to have a Meze or Buffet type reception & are thinking about Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki Tavernas. Any experience or advice would be helpful.We would like a taverna with a nice view.

Thankyou,

Debs

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Here we go, Debra

http://www.scuna.gr/

Edited: 6:58 am, October 01, 2012
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Here's the other one :)

http://www.enploskiathos.com/index-en.html

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Hi Mrs Whicker,

Thank you so much for taking time to help me.

Our wedding is booked for sept 10th 2013 at the Bourtzi,

I have googled both menus too.

I think I'll take your advice and not book until we are there especially as we shall have time before our wedding. Hopefully sept weather should haha should be dry!!

Many thanks once again

Debra

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Hi Debra

You will have plenty of time before your wedding to make your final decision, so important I think as you will want everything to be perfect.

Good luck with your planning and it is a pleasure to be able to offer some help. As I and others have said previously, planning a wedding in Skiathos is so easy it is amazing what can be done in a matter of days.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Thank you once again. You have reassured me that it's best to book when there. So that's what I shall do especially as the reception will be mid afternoon, so less busy and it's sept not July/August either!

hockley essex
Level Contributor
128 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

We ate outside at En Plo at begining of Sept but food was cold( but dont be put off as the food was still good as it was a cool evening so if you want to eat outside you will have to take tha into consideration.

Having said that there are 2 brothers running En Plo and we have met them before on Skiathos but it was a number of years ago now working in different tavernas and they haven't changed a bit. George is out front and very funny and his brother is behind the scenes. They will make sure you have a meal to remember

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Hi Mrs Whicker,

Sorry to question yet again. Wanted to ask if you have eaten at both Selini & En PLO. And what your opinion is of each? I know they both have great views, selini being higher up and from what I can see on Google, the en PLO is on a deck over the sea?

Will appreciate you thoughts and thank you in advance,

debra

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Hi Mrs Whicker,

Sorry to question yet again. Wanted to ask if you have eaten at both Selini & En PLO. And what your opinion is of each? I know they both have great views, selini being higher up and from what I can see on Google, the en PLO is on a deck over the sea?

Will appreciate you thoughts and thank you in advance,

debra

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Hi Debra

I've eaten many times at En Plo and yes it does have a deck over the sea, makes a perfect backdrop for photo's .. and feeding the fish :) It is generally quiet in the afternoons as most folks have gone to the beach. I do have a soft spot for En Plo so I'm trying not to give a biased opinion.

I haven't eaten at Selini but have been shown around by the owner and he was proud to show me the fresh food being prepared for that night, the moussaka looked mouthwatering. A note of caution, if you have anyone in your party with mobility problems then Selini might not suit as it is a bit of a hike up .. not forgetting the down as well!

Have you had a look at the Wedding forum on the Skiathos Bulletin Board, if you have the time to trawl back over the posts you will get first hand info from previous brides and some photos, it might help you.

Please never apologise for asking a question, we are always happy to answer them if we can.

Amersham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Wedding reception, Selini, En Plo or Lamanaki?

Hi Debbie

I have just started looking at Bourtzi for our wedding early May 2013, only because I have heard so much about it on the forum! Have you (or anyothers) been here and can share a photo? Can you have a civil ceremony here? I have never been to any Greek Islands, in fact I love Italy but am being very drawn to Greece!!

Any help and advice (which I am happy to share my planning journey)! would be appreciated!!

Very best of luck for your future if I don't hear back!

Love Ally

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town