We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats going on with thomas cook ?

scottish borders
Level Contributor
47 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
whats going on with thomas cook ?

Tried to book la piscine art hotel and then Miltos apartments Skiathos as advertised in new 2013 thomas cook brochure and I was informed by the travel agent that they do not have a deal with these establishments for next year , yet they advertise la piscine in the new brochure as one of their best sellers last year , i stayed @ la piscine 2 years ago and miltos last year , why has this happened and is it safe to book with thomas cook for next summer?

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats going on with thomas cook ?

Difficult to answer your question. Have heard that a good many Hoteliers/Owners on the Island are not renewing their contracts with Thos Cook - one reason being that they are being "screwed" down with miserable unfair payments. It is also true that if any establishment has inferior rooms then in many cases, if you have booked with Thos Cook, these are the rooms that you will be allocated to. I have had one experience booking with them and sure enough, not a decent room and I was informed that this was what Thos Cook allocated to people booking with them. Fortunately, was able to pay a supplement and we were moved to a better room.

It may be safe to book with them but if you are particular about where you lay your head, I would do some research and book direct with the hotel.

scottish borders
Level Contributor
47 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats going on with thomas cook ?

Thanks for that , I may do just that

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats going on with thomas cook ?

Just had another thought about booking with Thos Cook and have to admit, some people are very satisfied and have good rooms allocated, In my case, only now having a couple of holidays each year, I always want a good sea view, hence having to pay a supplement in Mallorca to change the room from the pokey back cupboard that was allocated with our Thos Cook booking.

I have just been looking for flight prices for next year and came across a Forum on here that I had never heard of. It is called Bargain Travel and the particular posting Never book with Travel Republic. My goodness, what a surprise to see such diverse opinions. So many praising TR and others speaking about bad experiences. This is what made me think about Thos Cook packages, there are bound to be good ones as well as the UGH type. Personally, when we have booked with Travel republic we have been well satisfied.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats going on with thomas cook ?

PS

Just reallised if anyone wants to read the postings on the Bargain Travel Forum you have to do this when you first log on to Trip Advisor, and not go to the Skiathos Forum first.

5. Re: whats going on with thomas cook ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town