We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location of asimina apartments and villa melia

Which Skiathos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
location of asimina apartments and villa melia

having left it late for booking for skiathos this year and everywhere we like is booked, we have booked a good deal to mykonos. However we wanted to get sorted early for next year now the greek financial situation seems more stabilised.

I like the look of asimina apartments which are a very good price with thomas cook, it says you can use the tennis club pool. I remember seeing this i think on the road where costas mary hotel is , further down the other side of thelane is this where apartments are ?

we also love the look of villa melia which has excellant reviews, it says opposite vasillas beach. Is this walkable into town at night,we are happy to walk 25 mins or so, or would we need the bus or taxi. thanks very much.

Grays Thurrock...
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location of asimina apartments and villa melia

Hi Cariad,

We stayed at Asimenia about 4 yrs ago. They are behind the tennis club down a small unmade track. Very nice place tho'. Most comftable beds ever had on the Island. The gardens are a delight with allsorts of fruit & veg growing. The sheep & goats get herded along the lane each day to the field for grazing. Asimenia herself has very limited English but is a very polite wonderful person. She may well provide you with fresh eggs in the mornings. Don't be suprised if they are still warm lol.

Lookout for the owls which perch on top of the telegraph pole at night.

An easy walk of approx 15 mins into the town centre.

We never used the tennis club so I can't comment on that but it looked nice as we passed by.

Hope this helps Regards Gary & Trish

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: location of asimina apartments and villa melia

thanks very much, sounds very nice and to our taste

Grays Thurrock...
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location of asimina apartments and villa melia

I should mention to take a torch to get back at night & they don't have a bar or anything other than the garden but nice place

Regards Gary

skiathos
Level Contributor
182 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location of asimina apartments and villa melia

in 2 min walk you'll be on the waterfront ( strip) and from there another 4-5 min walk to the center of town, 15 min you'll do if you stop every 10 meters and light a smoke......

nice small place, sufficiently lit road, there are 4 street lamps one just out of the apartments so the previous reviewer had probably the bad luck either electrics were off, or the light bolt burned!

even it is located near the clubs not much noise from them as there are other buildings in front, large parking on the side, good garden, there are 2 sections on one level, the newer is better, but the older also okay. if you have a bargain then its a really good place.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location of asimina apartments and villa melia

Thanks very much, im clear in my mind now exactly where it is. Its about £300 cheaaper than all the others are working out, thats quite a few metaxas !

6. Re: location of asimina apartments and villa melia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town