We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking fines in Skiathos town - watch out

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Parking fines in Skiathos town - watch out

The other night I parked in a spot vacated by another car in the port. When I returned I found a pink ticket on the windscreen all in Greek with no translation - the only familiar figures being €80. There were no signs whatsoever that parking was prohibited. My villa owner very kindly helped me settle this.

Tonight I parked in a clearly designated parking zone in the port. However, when we returned to the car there was another pink ticket on the windscreen. Another €80 - which is reduced to €40 if you pay within 10 days - I only discovered this when settling the previous ticket. Again, there were no signs that parking was restricted. Something untoward is going on here with the port authority who must see this as easy income. Does anyone have experience of dealing with parking tickets in Skiathos who can advise?

This is certainly leaving a very nasty taste, is quite shocking and is ruining my first time experience here in Skiathos. They provide no communication about parking restrictions and then hit you with perpetual fines.

Bristol, United...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking fines in Skiathos town - watch out

We can better this - we followed a sign that says FREE parking down by the port so we followed it and parked where another car was just leaving from - this was waste land by by the water edge off road and many other cars were parked so we presumed this was the free parking. 2 hours later on our return the police were there putting up red and white marker tape to block the spaces and we found a pink parking ticket and no visible english instructions of where or how to pay this other than the 80 euro sign when we approached the police officer further down the road as he was applying more tape to lamposts and issuing more tickets - the only explanation he gave was pointing to a round sign with a cross which he suggested was the no parking sign - but this is not clear - no help as to where or how we pay this other than to speak with the car hire people

12. Re: Parking fines in Skiathos town - watch out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town