We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Skiathos Town next year

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Skiathos Town next year

Hi

Five family members all over 21 oops! finger slipped, lol. Ok over 55ish. Booked to stay at Alekos studios Skiathos town for 2 weeks next year. We have found a couple of reviews and they sound like we have found a good basic, friendly and ideal location accomodation. We would be very greatful if anyone could post some photos of the accomodation and the surrounding area.

Thanks!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying in Skiathos Town next year

StokieJo

You'll usually find mixed reviews for most accommodation, for a number of reasons.

People are more likely to complain about something than to praise it.

People have different expectations of accommodation:

even if paying very little for, say, a 2* place some people expect 5* facilities.

Some reviews go 'off topic' and include their opinion of the resort or maybe a bad experience at the airport - which is hardly the fault of the accommodation provider.

We've stayed in basic accommodation throughout Greece, Turkey and Goa and are OK as long the place is clean and kept clean.

Enjoy Skiathos!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Staying in Skiathos Town next year

Going back to the original post,

Has anyone stayed at The Alekos in Skiathos town and advice on where to eat would be great?

Thanks

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Staying in Skiathos Town next year

The list of tavernas in Skiathos Town is huge but I would recomened The Plakes Taverna, The Windmill (a bit pricey though), Maria's Pizza, an Italian themed Pizza and Pasta place and Mouria is great for traditional Greek food.

icf
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Staying in Skiathos Town next year

Stayedin skiathos town twice,the last time being back in 05 when we stayed at stellina hotel near the airport,

fantastic island,by far my most favourite greek destination,oh how i wish i was walking up pappadiamantis street to polykratis!!!

Darren

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Staying in Skiathos Town next year

For recommendations on food, see this thread.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g775993-i12098-k…

In reply no 4, there's also a link to another thread on food.

16. Re: Staying in Skiathos Town next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town