We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice in drinks

Which Cavelossim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Ice in drinks

Is it safe to have ice in drinks from the beach shacks or hotels? Have read conflicting reports so just wanted some advice. 2 more sleeps :-)

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
11. Re: Ice in drinks

Ok mixed bag of opinions there so will ask and yes fingers crossed we can get some alcohol to put it in as we arrive during the dry days. Does that rule apply to hotels as well?

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
50 reviews
12. Re: Ice in drinks

The big lumps of ice are used to keep food cold, not to be broken up into your drinks. If in doubt, look at the ice cubes themselves. If they are regular moulded shapes, they should be safe. Irregular ice bergs should be avoided just in case.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
45 reviews
13. Re: Ice in drinks

Yeah, the blocks are broken up and go on the cool boxes too chill the bottled beers & soft drinks.

Stockport, Cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
13 reviews
14. Re: Ice in drinks

A G&T without ice is like Tom without Jerry!

I've been having ice in my drinks in Goa since 1995 and never had a problem yet, as far as I'm aware of course.

But, to be ultra safe just drink bottled water, from the bottle, not from a glass.

Mike.

leicester
Level Contributor
337 posts
16 reviews
15. Re: Ice in drinks

Another thing to watch out for is the Mayonnaise!!!

a big no no with alot of people om here!!!

cheshire
Level Contributor
384 posts
16. Re: Ice in drinks

they only use bottled water to make ice sculptures, because it is

clear when frozen. is the ice in your glass clear. ( water that has been

filtered i do not know )

but you can always ask ............is your ice fresh or frozen lol

lee

17. Re: Ice in drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:56 pm, June 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim