We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

that rain subject again

Which Arillas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leicester
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
that rain subject again

I do realise that I have no control of the weather therefore if it does do what many websites are saying which is cloud rain and thunderstorms you will probably hear a very loud persistent scream coming from somewhere in Arillas most certainly a bar drowning my sorrows! Also if I hear one person say that they are glad of some rain in Arillas then I will probably scream again! if you want some rain take my advice and stay in England! we've had enough here to last a lifetime and quite frankly it's depressing! I can not believe the amount of people in Corfu at the minute that are complaining about the heat! Please please please don't go back to England and complain there as I think you will be on the receiving end of more than just a scream! Go camping in Skegness next year instead!

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: that rain subject again

Everything in moderation is the old saying............you screaming , us here moaning won,t change the weather pattern one iota

As in the American heatwave ... we in greece do need rain ,,, huge fires rage in Patras, plants, and animals dying in our gardens//all for the sake of a drink I water daily...till supply runs out..

This is a holiday site , and people come to greece for the sea , and sun, just what they are getting at the moment// enjoy it , but welcome a good downpour when it happens...........

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: that rain subject again

At least in Greece afer the rain you normally get sun, in Britain, after the rain, we just get mud!!

leicester
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: that rain subject again

I personally won't welcome a good downpour unless it happens when I'm sound asleep in my bed and is hot and sunny the next day! However I could cancel my holiday as England are in for a heatwave next week. Typical! and if I were staying here you certainly wouldn't get me moaning about the heat! Also if I lived in Corfu I would appreciate the rainy Autumn and winters and sometimes even springs which is why I believe it is such a lush green Island.I would also appreciate the very hot and sunny summers in Corfu unlike a lot of the Brits that now live there!

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: that rain subject again

As I said [ everything in moderation]

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: that rain subject again

A heatwave in England next week? Can I put my boots away? Shall I dust off the garden furniture? Dig out the long ago bought and frozen BBQ food?

Oh I do hope so, but I will believe it when I see (and feel) it.

Fingers crossed

leicester
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: that rain subject again

Yes apparently but not on the West side of England so not sure about Liverpool? but many places including the East coast supposed to be reaching 30 degrees by Tuesday! So if you've been suffering the heat in Corfu then you'll have to suffer some more! However it sounds like you're not one of the moaners and have been appreciating the scorching weather there! So I hope there is a heatwave for when you return to England even it is to just show off your Corfu tan!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: that rain subject again

Hi DebsLpool......lol.... like your posts !!! I don't think we used our BBQ even last year!! It has been out once in May when the sons and daughter used it...We were in Sidari!!! Got back in June and it hasn't stopped raining since!!

However when in Sidari we had a spectacular thunderstorm and lightening and heavy rain....but it was soon over and I would rather be there in rain than back in Blighty with rain and the retreat to the Bar...it made a good excuse.!! lol

I do agree with Moonpig though, it is needed....and if it does happen it will probably be a short sharp shower and then you get the hot sun back.... unlike Blighty!!

Sunnysuze.... have a good holiday. Fi

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: that rain subject again

Oh dear....sunnysuze....I will have to put away the BBQ then.. I live in the South West of England.!!

I think we might get some sun from Tuesday onwards, but like DebsLpool I will believe it when I actually see it and feel it lol..... FI

leicester
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: that rain subject again

Hi DebsLpool! Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm driving my husband mad as I'm constantly comparing weather websites. I'm sure you're right in saying it will be a quick downpour then back to the sun and heat? I also don't begrudge a heatwave in England when we're in Corfu as my Mum who is in her 70's is off to Skegness next Monday and I also wish for the weather to be good for all those families that have worked hard but can not afford a holiday abroad. They certainly won't appreciate the heat moaners on their returns! Despite all my moaning about the chance of cloud and rain in Corfu I really am looking forward to my first time in Arillas but I must remember to pack my brolly and wellies just in case?! Still I won't need them in the bar will I? YAMMAS!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: that rain subject again

Fi, it is all my fault, I insisted on new garden furniture this year, why? I am forever buying things for the garden, why? I have an amazing collection of outdoor crockery and glassware which never sees the light of day, again why?

In my sad mind I think I live in a mediterranean climate and my evenings will be spent sitting in the warm night air, listening to the birds evening chorus, sipping Prosecco. In reality my evenings are usually spent emptying the washing machine, ironing and making hot drinks, still a girl can dream

As for you Sunnysuze, thank you for dashing my hopes, you are probably right, if the rest of this summer is anything to go by, and the heatwave will pass Liverpool by but at least I wont ruin my oudoor dinnerware !!

Get answers to your questions about Arillas
Recent Conversations