We are doing our research way in advance.
We are hoping to do a 2 week beach stay at Dianai Beach in August 2015 (honeymoon)
I have many questions so here it goes:
1. Tsavo East and Amboseli safari or Massai Mara? - elephants are a must and then a good variety of wildlife after
2. Do I book a safari in advance or when I get there?
3. any ideas of approx. costs for a 3 night safari to either at this time of year, if booking when out there?
4. As it is for a honeymoon we would like to stay in some of the nicer lodges will this need to be booked in advance rather than on arrival?
5. We are on a budget of around £5000 - as it is too far in advance to look at hotel prices I have looked at costs for August this year which for a 2 week stay in a hotel inc flights is around £2000pp so is £1000 for a safari a reasonable amount to have?
6. Also in addition to our safari we have seen day trip safaris - again any idea on how much these are through the hotel and where these trips are available