We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Diani Beach

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Diani Beach

Am a solo female traveler and planning to visit Diana from 20 Dec to 24 Dec 2013, is December a good time to visit? how is the weather and which beach hotels can you recommend am not planning to spend over $100 a night.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Diani Beach

See Here >>>>>>>> …jetscreenshot.com/11869/20131211-usrt-146kb…

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
14,852 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Diani Beach

as far as weather is concerned it should be hot and sunny, as we are heading towards the hottest time of the year (January & February) in fact it has already been very hot for a few weeks now.

Xmas & New Year are probably the busiest time of the year for coast hotels, so if you want to party it's great, if you want peace and quiet, you will need to be a bit more careful in choosing your location. If the South Coast is like the North, hotels double their prices over this period, maybe a South Coast expert such as Larissa / Tijara Beach will see your question and give you a view on what the hotel situation is looking like for Xmas

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Diani Beach

Indeed peak season prices are higher than mid season, but it usually starts from Christmas, you are visiting just before. This season looks busy but not as busy as previous 2-3 seasons, availability is still there and some properties have special deals all the way up to NY. So with some research I am sure you can find some place within your budget as you are checking out before Christmas. Take into account that probably a single supplement is applicable, but talk to the property about it. The weather is glorious - sunny and hot, in December the monsoon will have established and breeze will be cooling us off a bit better than at the moment!

Good luck!

Tijara Beach Hotel

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Diani Beach

I am also traveling to Diani for 22-25 Dec.

1. Pls suggest a good place to stay on South Coast beach Diani. I checked out all the good specialty lodging and B&B options like Tijara but they are super expensive.

2. I am looking at these options right now

3. My budget is 75-100 USD

Level Contributor
1,510 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Diani Beach

From information heard from sources of the hotel we always go to many times - incidentally although I do not live in Kenya I and my husband have been out since 1995 - 38 times to the South Coast so know Diani like the back of our hands - it is going to be busy over the holiday period but anyone going before Christmas should not find it to be so expensive or after - say the 28 or 29 when I used to go out on my own.

I always found the weather very hot in December right through to March.

Mount Kenya...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Diani Beach

nice beach, I've visit this each personally....

7. Re: Visiting Diani Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 21, 2014