We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya Newbies........

uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kenya Newbies........

We have booked Diani Sea Resort in June after looking at reviews on this forum.(Kenya newbies ticking off bucket list)

I have contacted a couple of Safari companies JT Safari at the moment is in the number 1 spot very prompt replies to questions. Thinking of 2 days 1 night and keeping to Tsavo east rather than including west. Is this advisable, I would appreciate your expertise here as we are completly in the dark. We are not spring chicks not sure if that makes a difference safari wise but thought I would chuck that in anyway. Also looking at AMREF tourist cover obviously as an addition to travel insurance your thoughts here appreciated. Two lodges have been suggested so far Ashnil Aruba (sp) and Voi Safari. I realise it's personnal preference but your opinions are most welcome. Anything else you feel may be useful will be gratefully recieved. Also other trips as we are on a 2 week vaca. Many thanks in advance, regards Jo

Oranje Safari
Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Multi-day Tours
Tanke Tours
Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Devon uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya Newbies........

If you are planning just 2days/1 night definitly stick to just Tsavo East. While the view from Voi is hard to beat the lodge it's self is very 'tired' and dated and the food fills a gap but is nothing special, the rooms, tents and food at Ashnil are much better. It could be worth considering lunch at Voi Safari Lodge on one of the days, that way you get to experience the wonderful views and use the viewing tunnel. Try emailing WT Safaris www.wtsafaris.net email:info@wtsafariskenia.com, also so you can get a price comparison, I have used both JT and WT and have had good experiences with both companies. Have a lovely trip.

uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya Newbies........

Thanks for taking the time to reply Snugglepus, will email WT as suggested

3. Re: Kenya Newbies........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, April 10, 2013
4. Re: Kenya Newbies........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 11, 2014