We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baobab help

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Level Contributor
273 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Baobab help

Hi,my wife & i are staying at the Baobab for 2 weeks at the end of April(27th) & was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently & if so we're late check out rooms/courtesey rooms available on departure day/(we are due to check out mid-day but don't fly home(Thomson) until 08.25am the next day,thanks for any help!

surrey
Level Contributor
273 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Baobab help

Thanks for clearing that up Bruce,no mention of it in our Thomson paperwork!

Edited: 11:06 am, March 27, 2013
Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Baobab help

Hi Steve

Have you looked online at the info regarding the location ...following extract taken from the website "more info" page for the Baobab

Hope you enjoy the Baobab as much as we do :)

On a glorious white sandy stretch of Diani Beach

38km south of Mombasa

****Transfers

****1 hour 30 minutes including a 5 minute ferry crossing *****

Your guide to Diani Beach, Kenya

"Diani’s dazzling sands are fringed with coconut palms and sheltered from the ocean’s swell by the offshore coral reef. Sprinkled the length of the coastal road are a whole host of shops, bars and eateries. This is the Kenyan coast at its liveliest."

Diani Beach is home to some of the most eye-catching shores Kenya has to offer. If you’ve come away for a slice of peaceful sun, sea and sand, you’re in the right place.

Here, you can sunbathe to your heart’s desire, or explore the scenery for yourself....

More on Diani Beach, Kenya

Full info details here...

http://www.thomson.co.uk/thomson/page/byo/accomdetails/accomdetails.page?packageNumber=0259841377971700000137801190000003213792287000001379255100000033&locationName=Diani%20Beach&tuiCtryCode=000132&tuiDestCode=&tuiResortCode=001283&tuiAccomCode=025984&numAdults=2&numChildren=0&childInfantAges=&searchPageName=HomeSch&searchFlag=FHPISearch&maxPartySize=9&moreDestinations=false&moreResorts=false&holiday_type=&timestamp=1364512199010&day=1&monthYear=9%2F2013&displayDay=01&displayMonth=Sep&displayYear=13&departureDate=2013-9-01&departureMargin=7&duration=14&dayTripSearch=false&checkOutDay=15&checkOutMonthYear=9%2F2013&checkOutDisplayDay=15&checkOutDisplayMonth=Sep&checkOutDisplayYear=13&departureAirportCode=*LN&countryDestCode=566&resortAccomCode=1963%7C767&countryCode=566&destinationCode=&resortCode=1963&accommodationCode=767&departure=&accommFeaturesBitValue=0&accommodationType=0&rating=0&numberOfRooms=1

Edited: 7:20 pm, March 28, 2013
Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Baobab help

...what it doesn't say is how long you might have to wait for said ferry! :-O fingers crossed you have to wait to long

I would suggest a bottle of water for the bus/coach journey to the hotel from the airport, if you are anything like me you will be tired & dehydrated anyway and then the heat will hit too, if I recall the driver hands out a bottle of water on the transfer bus my tip is to take it :-)

surrey
Level Contributor
273 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Baobab help

Thanks for the added info Wendy,we can't wait now(only 29 days to go!)

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Baobab help

Wendy is right, check your dates as you've paid for 14 days so thats what you should get. I suggest you in into your local Thomson if you're still worried :-)

16. Re: Baobab help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 01, 2014