We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa line

Helsinki, Finland
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa line

Hey!

How long have you approximately spend time on a visa line at Mombasa airport? My flight arrives 8.30 am in the middle of the week and just wondering how congested the airport is. I'm going to fill my visa application advanced.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,656 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa line

Hi,

Are you on one of the new Finnish charters?

If so it might depend how big the plane is or how many passengers are on that plane. I have the impression that they generally try to deal with one plane at a time

Its pretty bad when one of the big UK charters lands, it can take an hour or even as long as 90 minutes for one of them. If you get through quickly you can still have a wait for your bags to come off, its not the quickest unload.

Helsinki, Finland
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa line

No charter, just normal Condor flight from Frankfurt via Kilimanjaro.

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa line

Used that flight in July and queue was not too bad - was through before luggage - did, however, already have visa - you still have to join a queue though.

4. Re: Visa line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, November 12, 2012