We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink Prices

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Drink Prices

Can anyone give me a rough guide on drinks prices for safari lodge stays??

Beer,Coke,Wine,Water,Squash.

Many Thanks

Graham

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drink Prices

Hi Graham

Depending on the lodge, the beer is between 250-350 shillings, coke/soda is around 150-180 shillings, water 150-250 depending on size of bottle. Not sure they do squash and don't drink wine so hopefully someone else can help here.

Some lodges do vary so it could be a little more or a little less but the prices above are around the mark.

Hope that helps.

Min xx

Edited: 2:25 pm, July 01, 2011
Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drink Prices

Bottled water is much much cheaper in a supermarket - around Kes 100 for 5 litres, if you can get your driver to stop at one.

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drink Prices

I dount there'll be many supermarkets on a safari route- and I doubt they'll want to drag 5 litre bottles of water around with them fro lodge to lodge....!

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drink Prices

Hi,

well usually on safari while game drives and transfers between the parks free water is provided.

Most of the lodges and camps are also providing 2 bottles of water in your room/tent. And in many places coffee or tea is complimentary.

Even sparkling water is more expensive then still water which is the usual one in Kenya.

The prices for drinks are coming up the past time.

So in average in february we paid for a beer usually 280 and at Serena properties 315 to 350.

Sodas varied from 120 - 150.

Bottles of wine on from 2.000 KSH. Glasses are about 400 KSH as i remember.

Bye

Chrissy

5. Re: Drink Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 06, 2012