We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Scotland
Level Contributor
81 posts
126 reviews
Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Dtayed at DSr last year but there was no wifi then- does anybody know if there is wifi now? heading there in a few weeks and it would be good to know.

Also, have read occasional references to 'upgraded' rooms- where are these and whats the difference between them and the 'usual' rooms? Last year, we had a 'standard' room, I think, ground floor looking onto the gardens leading down to the pool.

Any help appreciated- asante!

Wales
Level Contributor
36 posts
1. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Hi Scotty, I stayed at Diani Sea Resort last week but unfortunately no wi-fi as of yet :( We did manage to get upgraded to the Bahari rooms complimentary, but to be honest there was not much difference to the standard rooms. They are in the block closer to the sea, and I enjoyed watching and listening to the sea from the balcony. The room is exactly the same size as the standard ones, and decorated the same. The bathroom was slightly nicer and had a fantastic shower (but didn't have time to shower in the standard room so can't compare sorry). The main bonus was a fridge in the room that you ordered whatever beers/sodas to every day as part of all inclusive. In my opinion it was not worth the extra money that they charge for it, but if you are going soon it is low season so you may be able to negotiate an upgrade on the house. Enjoy - we had a great time! Hope that helps. Su

Scotland
Level Contributor
81 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Many thanks Su, that's a great help. That's a pain about the wifi, something every hotel should have these days. However, don't expect to spend much time on the Internet ! Thanks for tour info on the rooms too- we"'ll see what happens when we get there, 25 days to go.......:0)

Asante sana!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Hi we came back on Friday and there was free wifi 6 till 10pm as far as Im aware,

:)

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Hi, we came back Friday too and were also able to use wi fi in reception and seating near restaurant.

eglwyswrw
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
5. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

hi scotty,we,re in DSR same time as you.Hope to see you there and partake in a few cold ones.Are you flying on the 11th JULY.

Scotland
Level Contributor
81 posts
126 reviews
6. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Hi Andrew

We sure are! See you there! have you been before? Its lovely.The Tusker is even better..........

see you in departures!

Fiona

Wales
Level Contributor
36 posts
7. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

My apologies for seemingly giving incorrect info on the wifi, although must say am quite relieved that they didn't tell my husband that there was wifi available! Enjoy yr stay!

Scotland
Level Contributor
81 posts
126 reviews
8. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

LOL Suuuuuuuuuu.........!!! Thanks!

eglwyswrw
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
9. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Never been before.Mrs and kids can,t wait.defo have to try the tusker,my mates have told us all about it.See you in July.Safe journey down from Scotland.......Andrew.

Scotland
Level Contributor
81 posts
126 reviews
10. Re: Diani Sea Resort- Wifi?

Tip- the Tusker malt is even better than the regular Tusker- ask for it...

Hope you're going on safari! Also, if you have kids, then Haller Park, in Mombasa, is a must- lovely day out. In fact, for a first time, any of the City Tour trips are great, you can see what you need to of the city in a day.

We will be the ones with the heather between our teeth.....:0)

Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach