We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diani Sea Resort

Knottingley, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Diani Sea Resort

Hi all we are thinking going here for August hols done most of the places we can do in August. The middle east looks a bit dodgy this year and sick of the Caribbean and 5* LOL. So we were thinking of giving Kenya a try. This place gets a good write up we just go on hols for sun and a rest with maybe the odd trip. Any advice about hotel or indeed Kenya at all would be appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Ocean Village Club
Ocean Village Club
#5 of 30 hotels in Diani Beach
The Sands At Chale Island
The Sands At Chale Island
#6 of 30 hotels in Diani Beach
Baobab Beach Resort & Spa
Baobab Beach Resort & Spa
#10 of 30 hotels in Diani Beach
shamba25
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diani Sea Resort

Well the only thing I can say is give it ago - not that expensive if u book nearer the time or if you can change the time of year that you can go, but if not ,not problem - The country -fantastic,people, even better- hotel not to bad, but dont expect out of this world accomadation -relaxing holiday - yes - fantastic beach - yes - places to go - plenty, if you want to - if not then just relax - but the only thing I would say is go with an open mind & you may be pleasently surprised, but please, plaese do not expect anything like dubai or the carribean as you may be sadly dissapointed only because its does not have all the luxuries of a 5* resort - no big shopping centres but you are not staying in the bush either ha ha -but the experience you will have may out way the luxuries you are used to or expecting - Just relax, & go with the flow & you may have a fantasic time - kenya is a place you rather love or hate within the first 10 mins - once your outside the airport that is ha ha - please try - what is there to loose , other than been there done it & didnt really like it, the people were great, hotel not so good, but beach,out of this world, 40s, water lovers , kim 4love etc etc all good mmm 4 out of 5 cant b that bad can it?? just try it & see ha ha

2. Re: Diani Sea Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, February 20, 2011
Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diani Sea Resort

We have recently come back from there and loved it. If you are expecting 5 star quality you will be disappointed. If you are expecting 3 star quality you will be pleasantly surprised. I would personally rate it at around a 3.5 to 4 star.

I've just written a review about it (but it's still waiting approval by the mods). Keep an eye out for it as it contains an honest review of all aspects, "warts and all" (of which there were very few) and tells about the check-in, rooms, food, etc.

Cheers

Keith

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diani Sea Resort

Fantastic hotel !!!

I stayed there last yr & also recommend it to my friends + relatives...they loved it too.

Setting is stunning. It's built on a slope with tropical garden at the centre & rrom on either side.

Hotel is the right size, not too big & not too small. Pool is lovely + Food is great. I rate it # 1 ALL INCL. hotel in MBA. Great Value of money too.

Diani beach is also very clean. I recoomend the early morning swim in the ocean !!!

I hope you're aware that u will need to take the ferry from MBA mainland to Diani.

Stef

Edited: 8:05 am, February 23, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
1,263 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
Ukunda, Kenya
Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diani Sea Resort

Review has now been posted:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g317068-d4990…

Cheers

Keith

6. Re: Diani Sea Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach