We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baobab Beach Resort - Help Please !

Lancashire
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Baobab Beach Resort - Help Please !

Hi Folks,

We're booked to stay at the Baobab Beach Resort in February 2011.

We're currently booked in to a superior room at the Baobab side of things but have been quoted a price by First Choice of £580 total to upgrade to a deluxe suite at the Maridadi - works out at £20 /each per night.

My question is whether it is worth the increase or not ?

I know that all guests can use all areas of the hotel so there's no problem there.

It's difficult to tell from the photos on TA - the Baobab side of things doesn't look as good as the Maridadi.

Any and all views welcome !

Thanks

Dave

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Help Please !

Hi

We go in march and have been thinking the same thing. Not one to spend much time in the room other than shower and sleep it seems a lot to pay as an extra. What dates are you there Dave?

regards

Alison

Lancashire
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Help Please !

Hi Alison,

We fly out on 2nd Feb for 2 weeks, so my tan will probably already be fading when your landing there !

It's a lot of money for the upgrade but we're going to do it - all the reviews i've read seem to praise the Maridadi and Kole Kole areas, while saying the Baobab area is more jaded - plus I read somewhere that there's more monkeys in the Maridadi side as more trees (daft reason I know !)

Hope you have a great holiday :)

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Help Please !

you enjoy too!! Are you doing a safari we are going to the Masai for 2 nights/3 days.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Help Please !

Certainly are - we're doing a 2 day Tsavo East / West with JT Safaris - can't wait !!

5. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - Help Please !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 15, 2011