We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a good guide and safari book?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a good guide and safari book?

Hi,

Looking for a good tourist guide on Kenya but one which will also give me information on wildlife to look out for on safari. Anyone got any recommendations please?

Thanks much

Cheers

Angbabes

nyc
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a good guide and safari book?

Rough Guide Kenya.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a good guide and safari book?

In addition to Rough Guide, Lonely Planet Watching Wildlife East Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda has really good information on all the parks and reserves along with the wildlife you will typically see in each. It also has a large section on birds and mammals with good photos and information. Globetrotter Safari Guide Kenya by Dave and Val Richards is good as well. It has very detailed maps of the parks, and good info about the animals in them. I had the Globetrotter guide with me on my first trip and found it really helpful reading which between parks and in the evening the day ahead.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,652 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a good guide and safari book?

Bradt guides are the market acknowledged best ones.

www.bradt-guides.com

There is a comprehensive section on wildlife too.

4. Re: Can anyone recommend a good guide and safari book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 17, 2011