We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day safari

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 day safari

we are going on a 3 day safari to the Voi - Salt Lick and Kilaguni - do we just really need short and tshirts - will this be acceptable in the restaurants in the evenings? i know most important is the camera and binoculas!!! lol.x thank you

Tanke Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Safaris
Adventure Culture & Experience
Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Swim with Dolphins, Multi-day Tours
Kenpal Tours & Travel
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day safari

hi anthea you dont say exacly when you will be going. we have been on safaris in march/october and that is all we needed apart from the early morning drive when it can be cooler, but it will not be acceptable for evenings,restaurants. rhys

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day safari

As Rhys says, shorts and t-shirts are not really acceptable for evening-wear, particularly on safari, irrespective of whether there is a dress code or not. Bare arms and legs are also an invitation to mozzies, even if you're marinating in repellent. A smart t-shirt or shirt and long trousers (jeans will probably be too hot) are perfect any time after dusk.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day safari

hi - thank you for these replys - we are going in september - think i will take long linen trouser and a smart top and trousers for my hubby and polos shirts for the evening then! i am very prone to the mosquitos's little bliters! thank you

England
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day safari

Hi Anthea,

I'm trying to get a good price for our safari and yours is exactly what i want to do could you give me an idea of the price you've been quoted.

Many thanks

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day safari

Hi - i have now changed my itenary and am going with JT Safaris -jtsafaris@yahoo.com he is very well recommended to on trip advisor - he has been fantastic - we are doing a 3 day safari - (waiting on where we are staying) this will be just me and my new hubby so a private tour 548 usd - which is cheaper than the travel agents - hope this helps.x

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 day safari

http://www.julius-safaris.com - have a look at his website! and trip adviser posts! this has been most helpful. when are you going?

7. Re: 3 day safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 07, 2010