We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya in May

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kenya in May

Hi, I am going to Diani Sea Lodge in the end of May / Beginning of June.

I have only just found out that this is meant to be the worse time to go as it is the heavy rains season! I would like to know if it rains none stop or if it is just a few showers a day? - Most importantly will we still get a tan? :P

Any other advice about diani and Diani Sea Lodge would be really appreciated. :) Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Diani Sea Lodge
Diani Sea Lodge
531 Reviews
Diani Beach, Kenya
kenya
Level Contributor
178 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya in May

Its difficult to assure how the weather will be like. I was in Diani over the weekend and we only had a few minutes of drizzling in the morning while most other parts of the country is experiencing heavy rains and flooding.

Normally, it will be raining either in the morning and sunny in the mid morning and afternoon.

Many hotels close down in May so you may not have too much of a choice.

Mentioned in this post
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
Ukunda, Kenya
edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya in May

Hi Jacqs123. As chaterer says the weather is unpredictable and last year in May it rained heavily at the end of May. Also he is right - a lot of the hotels are closed at this time as we have friends that have booked a certain hotel and found out it is closed all May and part of June but it is still showing on the web site therefore you should contact your hotel direct or your travel agent to make sure the hotel is remaining open. I believe in Diani they had very heavy rain and thunderstorms the begininnig of last week.

Malaika

Edited: 6:56 am, March 08, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Diani Beach
Diani Beach
Ukunda, Kenya
3. Re: Kenya in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach