We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's eve at Southern Palms???

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic

Does anybody know what they are doing this evening.

Diner, Party,Acts???

Thankyou..

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: New Year's eve at Southern Palms???

Dear Sylvs

Another good idea is what we do, is to buy a kenyan sim card and put it in

your mobile and buy a scratch card which costs about 500ks for the dearest and use that for 'phone calls home. The cost from the hotel is extortionate and from your mobile and the money soon runs out!!

As you are going at New Year, it should quiten down after the 3rd and 4th of January. If going safari, Ferdinand of beach air tours and safaris - a very good friend ours I would reccomend - he keeps 2 cases of safari gear, toiletries, beach things we don't use here for us - he is at the Bacrlays shopping centre or Ben Ngui of Gichmack safaris another good friend over the road or Dickson of Kt safaris. Please say hi to Niels, Joy, Esther, Julius and Patrick and all the staff and to all those sickos out there they call us the VIP's of Southern Palms - nothing to do with us and all the beach boys call me Mama Kenya.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: New Year's eve at Southern Palms???

Dear Sylvia

To put your mind at ease there is a buisness centre at Southern Palms which has computers and the girl there is very helpful and the cost is reasonable. It does shut on a Saturday afternoon and Sunday and possibly on public holdays. When we were there in 2004 the hotel borrow the fishermen's boats and put them in the gardens with a different theme - Indian ocean, British, Italian, Indian etc.etc and you can go from boat to boat and guests can choose different dishes. At 7 pm guests are invited to the garden at the back and the ladies are given a rose and drinks from coconuts. There is entertainment, dancers etc. and the tables are set in the gardens. At midnight fireworks are set off from the pool which is a wonderful sight. Hope this helps. Malaika

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: New Year's eve at Southern Palms???

Hello Malaika,

Thank you for your reply.

We hope everything turns out right.

Greetings Sylvia

London/Nairobi
4 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: New Year's eve at Southern Palms???

Hi Sylvia,

Hope you are doing well and excited about your trip to the Kenyan Coast. Having lived in Kenya for over 18 years of life I thought I could provide you with some insight on your trip.

Don't walk anywhere at night especially in a small group. If you are a group of 10+ it may still be considered if it is necessary but not advisable.

Just to let you know there is a huge NYE party at 40 thievs beach bar diani. It is always a popular venue along that beach attracting both tourists and local people from mombasa and Nairobi.

I am currently in the UK but will be going on holiday to see my family! If you need any other advice please feel free to ask.

25. Re: New Year's eve at Southern Palms???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 09, 2010