We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth diving in Kenya - from Southern palms in Octobr

Essex
Level Contributor
37 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth diving in Kenya - from Southern palms in Octobr

We are arriving in 2 weeks for our honeymoon and my husband to be loves diving, he always tries to dive in any country we go to, and wanted to know if the diving is good enough in Kenya, as last yr in Cuba he was disapointed!

If you recommenda diving, can you suggest a good dive site, and a good company. He prefers smaller boats, more intimate days rather than large numbers.

Many thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth diving in Kenya - from Southern palms in Octobr

Southern palms has a dive school run by Diving the Crab, the best-known dive outfit on Diani. I would email or text the general manager Daniel direct, for an idea of costs of what your husband would like to do:

+254 723/108 108 http://www.divingthecrab.com

They're very responsive to communications and also carry all the right gear, including life jackets etc. Good operator.

Water clarity and general conditions should be pretty good by mid-October. Have a great trip!

Richard

leics
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth diving in Kenya - from Southern palms in Octobr

We go to Diani in a week's time - I'm planning a trip with Pilipipa Dhow. They take you into the marine park, option to dive or snorkel (jackets etc available for hesitant snorkellers) then private lunch on Wasini Island. Dives seem quite shallow (16m max) and gentle but may be a better day out for two than a 'proper' dive boat.

Dive should be similar fish life etc to Red Sea though I've been told they look more colouful in the Indian Ocean.

3. Re: Is it worth diving in Kenya - from Southern palms in Octobr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 27, 2010