We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WOW just returned.

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
WOW just returned.

Well guys have just returned today from kenya and YES I have it - Kenyaitis. Already planning my next trip next year.

The people can't do enough for you and we seem to not be able to do enough for them except visit and boost their numbers.

The Safari was great but hate to see all the dead animals in Amboeseli becasue of the drought!!!

Had good days in Masai Mara and have really fallen in lve with the Masai such lovely people!! I have never cried so much watching the kids open their stuff and trying to eat lollies through the plastic wrapping and makes me cry now writing about it! Cuddling pens and paper, crayons, soup mixes etc I will never grumble about a power cut again or that I have not got anything because the people of Kenya have nothing.

I found out that the staff at the hotel earn the equivalent of £1.60 a day and they are being laid of because there is no work. I think I gave most of my money away - yes I am a mug but I woould rather share what little I had to see the joy on the faces.

The Southern Palms hotel well I can't fault it good food, entertainment the beaches are great and I am just so sad today because I am back in this hell hole of a country!!!

Love it Love it Love it can't say any more as to overwhelmed thinking of those poor people out their trying to make a living. Made great friend with 2 Masai boys who I will now keep in touch with and will try and help anywhere along the lines I can so if anyone wants anything to take to put in a suitcase then please let me know.

Wow I feel honoured and priviledged to have met so many lovely people with their smiles and not a lot else to give you except a warm welcome and I will miss them all dearly.

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: WOW just returned.

As long as the apartment compound has good 24 hour security, locking metal grills on all doors and windows you should be fine. Just be careful and question everything.

I have a friend at Bamburi who has rented an apartment for a year. She comes and goes

as she pleases hopping on cheap flights when they come up.

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: WOW just returned.

Datoo Kithikii is a recommended estate agent in Mombasa. Their website will give you an idea of monthly rents for apartments.

www.datkit.com/rent_listing.php…

Do bear in mind that it won't be at all like staying in a hotel. Be prepared for power cuts. Also bear in mind that all your groceries and heavy bottles of drinking water have to be sourced so if you don't have a car, rent a place on a matatu route or close to Nakumatt/shops.

13. Re: WOW just returned.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 29, 2010