We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jabs for kenya

glasgow
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
jabs for kenya

hi

can you tell me please when we should have our jabs to visit kenya ?

our travel date is 13th of july

thankyou

Burnley
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jabs for kenya

Hi Whitey,

We are going on the 17th July...you should consider getting your jabs now then its one more thing out of the way. I had my tetanus,polio and diptheria last week and going next week for typhoid and hep A. Yellow fever I have to book at a clinic but will do in the next couple of weeks...this one costs around £50 but all the others are free from the GP.

Hope this helps

Debbie

LEICESTER
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jabs for kenya

hi we fly on the 13th july from gatwick.having yf next week.staying at the voyager.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jabs for kenya

We travel on 08 June and have just had our jabs, I think they said it had to be 10 days before you travel. Watch out for hidden costs as it was £45 for the Yellow Fever jab and £15 for a private prescription for Malaria tablets (you can't get them on the NHS). You then have to pay for the tablets which seem to be anything from £15 - £60. We went for Malarone which are the most expensive but seem to have the best write up and least side effects. I searched online and I'm going to get them from Loyds online service as they were £50 rather than £60.

Hope this helps.

southampton
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jabs for kenya

Hi, my partner and i are going 18 may and we had to have hep A booster which cost us £30 each, Yellow fever which was £50 each and also Malarone malaria tablets that cost just ove £100 for the two of us for 2 weeks. Boots online was the cheapest i could find for them. Hope this helps

Chris

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jabs for kenya

Hi

I am going at the beginning of August, Have had all the jabs (dip/polio, hep A, tetnus) a few weeks ago (free from GP). Yellow fever is booked for monday at £40 each and £7.50 for certificate, but as it is not a mandatory jab I am only having them write the Y/F in my Jab book.

Have got a private prescription from my GP for Malarone, She has only given me a prescription not my hubby and has double up the amount of tablets needed, to get around a second \private prescription charge of £12.50.

I have just ordered the malarone from Boots online they are £110.40 for 50 tablets. The price has risen from when i last looked 2 months ago, so best to get them early.

Hope this helps

Louise

glasgow
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jabs for kenya

thanks folks for all your answers telephoned and made apt for hubby and myself for our jabs on the 12th of june

hope you all have a great visit to kenya

cant wait !!

Columbus, OH
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: jabs for kenya

haha. took me a second to figure out what jabs were (american)! sounds cooler than "shots"

Berkshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jabs for kenya

A shot would be a drink here. Far nicer than a jab!

9. Re: jabs for kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, November 13, 2009