We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

Can anyone tell me what the weather is likely to be like in Diani during 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

Temperature, rainfall etc?

Thanks guys!

Birmingham.U.K.
Level Contributor
148 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

thedynamix,

Usually hot and humid with occasional short heavy periods of rain.But as many have said previously the amount of rain at this time of year does seem to be decreasing as the seasons seem to be changing from the expected norm.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

Hi never beein to Diani in November but if you are going to Diani you may like the contact of an excellent taxi driver who will take you wherever you want to go and is very reliable send us and email office@racingrevelations.co.uk or PM us

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

I would suggest that most of the weather graphs for Mombassa are wrong. I believe they show too much rain during the months October – March and too little for the rest of the year!

At one hotel we stayed at on least ten occasions we would ask the pool attendant “will it rain today Sammy?” to which he would reply “No rain today, only showers!”

That might answer your question, I hope so!

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

Haha cool replies guys..

Can anyone give an average temperature or expected temperature, from experience or knowledge though?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

Greetings, I have posted the statistics for the 3rd-11th November 2006 and 2007 for Mombasa, Kenya.

On November 10th 2006 there was a surfeit of rainfall.

Yet on the 10th November 2007 there wasn't a drop!

Despite some heavy showers there is still an average of 9 hours sunshine per day so don't be put off!

KEY:

RED-MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE

DARK BLUE- MINIMUM TEMPERATURE

LIGHT BLUE- RAINFALL IN MM

MOMBASA 2006

…villagephotos.com/p/…nov2006.JPG

MOMBASA 2007

…villagephotos.com/p/…nov2007.JPG

MOMBASA CLIMATE:

bbc.co.uk/weather/…

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

That's really helpful nic6, thank you!

But I was more interested in hearing some weather reports from someone who is there now, or from someone who has literally just returned... Because I know how unpredictable the weather patterns are these days.

Thanks for your contributions and I encourage anyone with info of temperature and rainfall now to post :).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

My husband is in Nyali on the North Coast at the moment, at 10.00am East Africa Time today it was 32 degrees in the shade, he said it is getting hotter every day & during the last week has only had some rain on Sunday, so you are in for a hot hot holiday !!! We were in Mombasa during last November & only had a few showers over a three week period.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

Not close to Diani but my spies in watamu tell me the weather is indeed getting hotter but have had some heavy showers over night in the last few days, as long as rains on a night I,m happy ! I like sitting out in the warm rain though

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

It’s difficult to forecast Mombasa’s weather because it is not as organised as ours, for example much of our rain in the U.K comes from weather fronts which cross the country so you know it’s coming long beforehand whereas most of the rain in Mombasa falls from showers which can developed very rapidly in the humidity and cannot be accurately predicted.

That’s why on many forecasts such as the BBCs they will quote ‘sunshine & showers’ just to cover themselves.

The question is how many showers and how heavy?

And only because it has been dry for the last three days doesn’t neccessarily mean it will be dry tomorrow.

But with about 9 hours sunshine guaranteed every day and temperatures around 30c you are assured of a very good suntan!

10. Re: Weather in Diani 3rd Nov - 11th Nov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:25 am, October 13, 2009