We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some advice required please!!

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Some advice required please!!

Hi Everyone,

Myself and my boyfriend have booked 2 weeks in Kenya at the beginning of Sept 08. This is our first visit to Kenya and i cant remember being as excited about a holiday before, i am literally counting the days!

We are staying in Kole Kole in Diani but are hoping to do a safari while we are there. Can anyone give us some advice as to how best to book the safari, what to bring/wear etc. We are hoping to go on the Tsavo East and West safari which i believe is 3 days and 2 nights. I would also really like to visit an orphanage while we are there but dont really know how to organise this or what to bring. We would really welcome any comments at all.

Thank you.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some advice required please!!

I have sent you some info in your PM box //

Hopefully you will take the advice for the Orphanage because near this area are a couple of non registered homes who are using children as a front to line their own pockets ..these I can name only in a private email ...

mnay of the children are kept emaciated beaten and sometimes burnt just to arouse your sympathy and empty your pockets ...

thankfully the welfare are starting to close these down but not quicky enough for my liking:

to everyone I say again if you have to pay someone ( other than the taxi driver for the fare) for a home visit then it is con and dont go...with them .

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some advice required please!!

i know how u feel i went last year to kenya for a week and we loved it . My boyfriend and i are returning to kenya this year for 2 weeks. the safaris ar wicked. do u know where u will be staying on them. On safari u dont want to take to much and if u can pay the extra to do it with just the 2 of you.

we are also visiting an orphange Tumaini hope of hope which u may have seen on Jermey Kyle.

3. Re: Some advice required please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, October 06, 2009