We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baobab or Swahili Beach?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
23 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Baobab or Swahili Beach?

Hi, we are a couple staying in Diani beach for a week September 2018. I have been looking at different accommodation options. I looked at the Sands at Chale, Swahili beach and baobab and I can't decide. We would like to be close to some bars and able to get to Alibarbour's for my partners birthday. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baobab or Swahili Beach?

I will pick Swahili Beach hotel compared to Baobab.

Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baobab or Swahili Beach?

Hallo Jessica , I would advice you Either Swahili beach resort OR Baobab beach resort because Alibabaours is found in between these two hotels. Sands at Chale island is far from alibabours and not very safe to drive in the evenig hours to the bars and restaurants. Welcome to Kenya.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baobab or Swahili Beach?

If you want to stay closer to bars & restaurants than Chale Island is out of the question.

My vote for Baobab.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
280 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baobab or Swahili Beach?

If you are looking for a romantic and different experience from the normal luxury and romance, Sand at Chale stands out from the rest. Chale Island is divided into two parts; resort and sacred forest or “kaya”. I will pick on this if I wanted something that is both exclusive and romantic.

N.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
23 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baobab or Swahili Beach?

Thanks everyone, I ended up booking a cottage at The Sands at Nomad, good idea or mistake?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baobab or Swahili Beach?

Fabulous choice

Edited: 5:46 am, October 07, 2017
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baobab or Swahili Beach?

It looks to be a good choice. My workmate are heading there. May they will share their feedback and i will do that to you too.

Reply to: Baobab or Swahili Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach