We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

Isle Of Wight
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

Hi everyone. We have been glued to the 14 day weather forecast as we fly out next week 25th. Is it telling us porkies!! that the temperature is not going to drop below 30 during the first week we are there? Anyone know the temp now?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,061 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

extraordinary temperatures going on in Europe at the moment it was 90 degs at night in Lanzarote 2 nights ago, so it would surprise me. Look at this article in todays express for the UK lol

express.co.uk/news/uk/422687/88F-heatwave-to…

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,061 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

my computer is telling me Kavala is 88 degs at the moment. If you have window7, on your desktop, right click mouse and select gadgets, then click on weather, it puts an icon on your desktop which you can add the location, using the spanner on the side. I used to have half a dozen icons of different places and the temp updates hourly. Unfortunately I lost a couple of icons and it wont let me change any locations on the new ones, as the spanner sign is no longer there, it may be just my computer but worth a try on yours, as you can see the temp of all your favourite places lol

img689.imageshack.us/img689/2203/a2gt.png

Edited: 7:26 am, August 18, 2013
Essex
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

We returned from a fortnight in Thassos last Sunday. For the duration of our holiday it was so hot. Most days it was bearable but a couple of days it was almost too hot even for me, a real sun lover. We came away from the beach just before 7pm most days and were eating by about 9pm, the temperature by then was lovely and by the time we walked home at about 11pm it was nice and cool. We loved everything about Thassos and the temperature did not deter our enthusiasm. The only recorded temperature we saw was in Panagia at 8.30pm which read 27 Celsius. Hope you enjoy your stay

Donna

Isle Of Wight
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

Thanks for your replies ,Jan

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

We returned on Sunday 18th after 2 weeks on Thassos. Temperatures were in the high 20's up to 34 degrees most days. However it was also far windier them we have known it before (regularly visit Thassos) but this just made it much more bearable. Hope you enjoy your stay

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

We returned on Sunday 18th after 2 weeks on Thassos. Temperatures were in the high 20's up to 34 degrees most days. However it was also far windier them we have known it before (regularly visit Thassos) but this just made it much more bearable. Hope you enjoy your stay

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

We're on Thasos now and it has been early 30's all of the time. We've had some stiff breezes and it's been really windy today and yesterday and a couple of days last week.

8. Re: Confusing 14 day weather forcast.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Golden Beach