We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips and advice

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Tips and advice

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are heading to Golden Beach on Sunday (staying in Emerald and yes, we've heard about the very steep hill - I hope it's not that bad?) and we can't wait!

Anyone have any good tips to make the most of the week? We don't want to miss anything fantastic... Should we just stay around there in the evenings or are there other places we should check out (I think I read that there's somewhere a little more lively if you stroll along the beach for a mile or so)? What about booking trips? Thomson offer some but I heard it's best just to book them when we get there through local companies?

How's the weather at the moment too, fabulous? Someone said that the beach is like the Caribbean - warm water and white sand. I think we're going to love it!

Many thanks!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips and advice

yes a steep hill up to the Emerald but the views are said to be worth it. You can catch the mini train into Skala Potameria in the evenings for 4 euro's return and the train does a day trip out to villages for 11 euro's which it well worth it. Also I did the 4 x 4 jeep ride to the top of the highest mountain to get good views of the whole island Thomson charge 69 euro's which includes a barbeque and lasted 9 hours. I received leaflets on the beach from others that do a 5 hour trip with a snack for 47 euro's and an 8 hour trip for 8 hours for 57 euro's. I found the thomson suited me best as the barbeque was midday and not at the end. Vigli restaurant does a 60/70 night which is a disco after the meal. Also Greek nights are about.

This is the view I took from your hotel, best restaurant IMO was the Avalalion

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9974/b1pu.jpg

Edited: 6:32 pm, July 08, 2013
Isle Of Wight
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips and advice

Hi Delboyaylesbury we are booked into the emerald in September although my husband has difficulty in walking we have got a ATV book for 2 weeks , but we have requested a ground floor room. Please can you tell me are these facing the pool and do you still get that lovely view ,also do they have hairdryers and kettles in the rooms ?. Thanks Jan

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips and advice

I have sent you a pm Jan, I stayed at the Nostros so can't tell you officially about the hairdryers or kettles, although my wife and I did speak to two couples staying there, apparantly there is a kettle but no toaster or hairdryer, you will appreciate this is second hand info

now this is the view at swimming pool level and the Emerald Suites down below do obscure some of the view. Hhowever, I asked one of the guys who said their views we fine above. Also I do have a pic that I sent you in the pm which looks as if some ground rooms face away from the pool but no Idea of the inside layout

img708.imageshack.us/img708/4172/hd8k.jpg

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips and advice

hope i'm not mudding the waters here, but I took this picture from the ground and from memory the pool is on the right where the railing are

you can see from that the views on the two floors above would be better

img802.imageshack.us/img802/5979/zxoj.jpg

I just looked up what an ATV was lol, that parking area I showed you will still involve a small bit of hill in the entrance to the hotel but only 10 metres of so but in general an ATV would make the hill easier for you

Isle Of Wight
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips and advice

Thanks for your reply, but what's a PM other than Prime Minister ?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips and advice

private message, goes into you email with a link into TA centre to read it

england
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips and advice

Make sure you pop into Stefano's bar for an icy cold beer and a cocktail. The nicest family ever!

8. Re: Tips and advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Golden Beach