We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Romanza

DERBY, England
Level Contributor
170 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Romanza

hi

my husband & i have booked to stay here next june & my parents are interested in coming but are concerened about the hill that the hotel is on. Is it very steep to climb up & down from the resort centre to the hotel & beach etc? my parents are quite active in their fifties & sixties but my dad does suffer with some pain from arthritis in his knees. I have read some of the reviews on TA & they all say it isnt too bad. Can i have some views on this please?

thanks

Abertridwr, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Romanza

Personally I wouldn't risk the hill with dodgy knees as it really is quite steep, there is a short cut down to the beach but again this is quite steep coming back up, could you not try and find somewhere else for your parents to stay that would be more accessible for them? One place which comes to mind is Stamatis apts. which is on the flat and very convenient for beach,tavernas etc.

manchester
Level Contributor
464 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Romanza

Hi bella, we have walked by the Romanza on our way to the next village of Avilotes, we tend to do alot of walking so it is not a problem to us, I have seen people alot older than your parents walking up the hill, the secret is to take your time and the good news is there are two or three hotels/bars to stop and have a rest on the way up to the Romanza, they could also hire a quad bike if they find the hill to much of a struggle, I believe it works out cheaper if you hire it for a week or more. The only other solution which jeffabar has already pointed out would be for your parents to stay in other accomodation on the flat, I don't know much about the Stamatis apartments but it does seem to have good reviews, the Thomas bay hotel [half board] is also good. Hope this helps. Ps both the mentioned hotels are with Thomsons.

DERBY, England
Level Contributor
170 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Romanza

hi

thankyou both for your feedback, i will let my parents know & they can decide what they want to do.

is the road leading up to the hotel lit with street lights at night? just wondering if we need a torch for the evening when we are making our way back to the hotel after a night out.

thanks

Nicola

Edited: 8:44 am, November 04, 2012
Abertridwr, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Romanza

From memory I think it is quite well lit, but you could take a torch just in case.

DERBY, England
Level Contributor
170 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Romanza

thanks, will do.

scotland
Level Contributor
150 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Romanza

it is a big hill! We walked it a few times and I always thought thank goodness we don't stay away up here. The quad idea is good we saw a lot of older people using them. On saying that we were there in July and it was very hot. It really depends on how fit your parents are, but I thought I was quite fit. What about the Teresa it's still on the hill but about half way up, you'll get a great welcome there.

DERBY, England
Level Contributor
170 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Romanza

thankyou for your feedback, my parents have now booked to stay at the Romanza with us. They weighed up the options/feedback & decided that they could manage the hill.

thanks

Nicola

8. Re: Hotel Romanza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Agios Stefanos
Recent Conversations