We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Resort on Cayo Largo

Toronto
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Small Resort on Cayo Largo

Looking to book Cayo Largo, looking for a resort with not to much walking, small resort, with good beach and good food. Any thoughts would be great. Husband has slight mobility issues.

Also read a thread about horse flies and deer flies, is this a problem in Cayo Largo?

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,229 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Small Resort on Cayo Largo

Thanks for clarifying. I haven't stayed there lately, and the boardwalk near the CO section is relatively new. Pelicano is the most likely to have usable beach, as it is in the foot of the shallow bay. SCL and Playa Blanca are both more subject to wash outs. I would agree Pelicano is likely best for someone with mobility issues, but Playa Blanca isn't bad (assuming there is a beach!) ;-)

Too bad Villa Coral is no longer available!

Edited: 7:03 pm, May 03, 2014
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Small Resort on Cayo Largo

October is too early for Pelicano this year.

At Playa Blanca this March, a wheelchair was parked at the end of the walkway to the Capricho beach. I wish we could show photos but there were just the last steps to the beach from there.

There are always staff to help. Two years before there was a fellow using a "walker" on the beach.

13. Re: Small Resort on Cayo Largo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 06, 2015