We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HolaSun vs TMR

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
HolaSun vs TMR

We've never used HolaSun. Is there a big difference between the 2?

They have a decent price from Toronto at the end of march compare to prices from Mtl so thinking about leaving from Toronto instead. Almost $550 difference for 2 people it sure makes a difference...

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HolaSun vs TMR

I would definitely go with the cheaper option.

There's probably a difference in airline? All of my TMR vacations have been with Transat, which is my preference... But certainly not worth the price difference. Is the Hola Sun a Canjet flight?

Chatham, Ontario
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HolaSun vs TMR

We flew Air Transat with HolaSun. Good flight, not such great flight times, but better prices. I think HolaSun uses Canjet if they require a smaller plane.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HolaSun vs TMR

Actually it says Air Transat that surprised me. I just thought that maybe HolaSun wouldn't have better quality rooms at the hotel as TMR. I know with AC vacations you are suppose to get better rooms not sure if that's true or not.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HolaSun vs TMR

ACV is better rooms only if it states what the rooms are (ie. oceanview). Lots of operators seem to like to push the rooms as being XX Block but they are really just the same. It's all marketing BS.

I'd go cheapest unless there is something very specific stated as being different that makes it worthwhile for you. Even then, I've had to push hard sometimes to get the upgrades that were promised. Don't forget that the plane or even airline can change between booking and departure if they need more seats or (more likely) don't sell as many as they thought.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HolaSun vs TMR

There is no difference in any of the rooms assigned to any tour operators on Cayo Largo, to the best of my knowledge. I've used just about every tour operator to get to Cayo Largo, the only difference will be the quality of the destination rep.

Also, even if the flight is with Air Transat, it might be subcontracted out to Canjet at the last minute. Although with the deal with Canjet coming to an end soon, who knows if that will happen. Air Transat is supposed to start flying its own Boeings again any day now.

Edited: 12:24 pm, February 25, 2014
6. Re: HolaSun vs TMR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 27, 2015