We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

Hi guys, My husband and me will travel with a 16 month old to Sol Pelicano, since the toddler needs to take his 2 day time naps from 11:30 am to 1pm and 4:30 to 6pm, I need to ask for late checkout. Anyone knows about the price for late check out at Sol Pelicano till 6pm or 8pm? I can find the price for other hotels on the island, but I won't consider change hotel with a 16 month old.

Another question, we still can have free buffet lunch and dinner in the hotel at the day of departure? I saw someone mentioned the dinner buffet won't open at departure day? I guess because no guests??

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,351 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

I do not think you will get a late check out to 8 pm.

They have to ready the rooms for the next person.

Also the maids need to get off shift.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4,746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

Normally, you can have lunch and dinner on your check-out day, if you are still there at the times that the buffet opens.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

For the buffet it is not a problem you can eat there as long as you are on site. However for the late check out when we were there last year end of feb. it was 4CUC an hour until the latest 4pm but they do have a guests room open for shower.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

yes late checkout is upon availability also, 4pm is the latest. Sol Cayo Largo was 7CUC/hour. This is not a 5 star resort location, keep your expectations low, and be prepared to take care of the toddler constantly. I've been to 3 of the hotels in Cayo Largo and I think I'd only return to the SOL Cayo largo (not pelicano) with a baby.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

we had a good time at Sol Pelicano, and let me answer my questions:

Hi guys, My husband and me will travel with a 16 month old to Sol Pelicano, since the toddler needs to take his 2 day time naps from 11:30 am to 1pm and 4:30 to 6pm, I need to ask for late checkout. Anyone knows about the price for late check out at Sol Pelicano till 6pm or 8pm? I can find the price for other hotels on the island, but I won't consider change hotel with a 16 month old.

Normally late check out only to 5pm, buy they let us to stay to 7pm, and if we want, we can even stay to 8pm, cost is 6CUC per hour.

Another question, we still can have free buffet lunch and dinner in the hotel at the day of departure? I saw someone mentioned the dinner buffet won't open at departure day? I guess because no guests??

you can enjoy all the services no matter you checked out or not.

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

How was the trip for the 16 month old? We are going with a 20 month old and a 3 yr old and wondering how it is for kids at the resort.

Thanks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

How was the trip for the 16 month old? We are going with a 20 month old and a 3 yr old and wondering how it is for kids at the resort.

Thanks.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

The Pelicano is really great for young kids, the kids pool with its two slides is a big hit! Not much animation for them though, but a great resort for a family vacation.

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

Great. Thanks! Did you use the kids club? If so, how was the care? Did you feel ok leaving your child there?

Thanks for your input! Soooo looking forward to warm weather!

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Pelicano: late check out&dinner buffet at departure day

I would not count on being able to leave a small child at the kids club for a lengthy period, unless Solange was there. A lot depends on who is working there on any given day, but the club is extremely basic. But that might be just me, see how you feel when you meet the kids club staff (it's often just one person). In comparison, when I saw the kids club at the Iberostar Laguna Azul in Varadero, I was blown away and felt very comfortable leaving my 4-year old there.

The good part about the kids area at the Pelicano is that it has loungers and shade all around, so it's comfortable for parents to stay with their kids.