We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Au naturel in Cayo Largo

Ontario, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Au naturel in Cayo Largo

Hi there, my wife and I have recently discovered Cayo Largo in our search for a good winter vacation. We have never been and have a couple questions regarding the nude beach. We have enjoyed au naturel facilities at other resorts in the Caribbean and nude beaches have now become a must in our beach vacations. At the nude beaches we've visited elsewhere we found the other guests to be very friendly and social on the beach. Is it like that on the nude beaches in Cayo Largo, or do people kinda keep to themselves??? We are fine either way, sometimes conversation is nice though.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,338 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

There are no nude facilities and no nude beaches, there's only a designated section in front of the three larger resorts. Most people in the C/O sections are friendly and like-minded.

Once you leave the resort area, you can certainly walk nude on the beach to your heart's content, but there aren't ant facilities there, only the beautiful sea!

Ontario, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

Sorry... I guess I should rephrase my question a little. In the designated C/O areas of the beaches, are people friendly and social or do the pretty much just keep to themselves???

3. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:42 pm, January 17, 2014
Ontario, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

Well that's a good thing because that is SO NOT down our alley!!!! Just getting a sense of how Cayo Largo compares to the other resorts we've been to.

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
189 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

You won't find beach ball racing, volleyball or bead lines like you might at Orient Beach but we've always found people in the naturist area or enjoying walking on the beach (whether textile or not) to be quite friendly, responsive to a greeting and open to a chat...depending on the language spoken.

Generally a pretty laid back, relaxing kind of place to be.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
838 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

Pretty much without exception al the people I met on the CO part of Playa Blanca were friendly and liked to chat. There were always lots of people walking along that section with textile and without.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,617 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

#6 Agree!

CL attracts nice people. It's a pretty special island.

Sudbury, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

My wife and I are going Oct. 6th as well, for the first time. We are very excited to go au natural and relax, also meet other people who feel the same. :)

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,617 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

Have Fun!

Sudbury, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Au naturel in Cayo Largo

Are there many nudists? Or will we stick out like a sore thumb?