We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Largo for peace & quiet?

cumbria
Level Contributor
512 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo Largo for peace & quiet?

Hi, looking to book for next year, may / june time.

Had been looking at Cayo Coco & Cayo Guillermo but I think they are quite busy resorts? we want peace & quiet.

Looking for a quiet resort, no loud entertainment, a lovely beach with safe access for our 3 year old.

Been looking at the Sol, looks nice so any opinions on those or on other accom would be much appreciated.

2 adults, 1 child, flying from Manchester UK, for 14 nights AI - thank you!

cumbria
Level Contributor
512 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cayo Largo for peace & quiet?

Cayo Largo looks beautiful, but if there are red flag days & strong undercurrents it just won't be suitable for us.

The thing is all the photos show really shallow lagoon type beach areas though?

Are these not areas in front of the hotels?

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cayo Largo for peace & quiet?

You are probably seeing pictures of Playa Paraiso, possibly Punta Mal Tiempo. Those are not in front of the resorts. More info here: http://cayolargo.net/beaches.html

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cayo Largo for peace & quiet?

#10 fidel: no such thing as TOO quiet for me, LOL! But you point out something I always say: Cayo Largo is not a destination for everyone, that's for sure!

cumbria
Level Contributor
512 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cayo Largo for peace & quiet?

yes CL2 those are the beaches I've been looking at, thanks for the link for further info.

I don't think it would've been too quiet for us either but I have to have calm water for my little one to be safe in, so sadly we won't be booking to visit Cayo Largo.

Thank you all for your help & the info you have shared.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
10,277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cayo Largo for peace & quiet?

Our feeder flights from Fredericton, NB to Montreal and back have been on little Air Canada Jazz, Dash 8-100's that are smaller than the planes Cuba uses for Gaviotta and Cubana between Cayo Largo and Baracoa, Havana.

Our Canadian flights are 1.5 hours whilst the Cayo Largo flights between Havana are only 35 minutes or so.

Thankfully, the return flight last year was on the stretch version Dash8-300.

Also a Turbo-Prop like the Cuban flights.

16. Re: Cayo Largo for peace & quiet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2014