We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Cayo Largo from Western Canada.....Is it hard????

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Cayo Largo from Western Canada.....Is it hard????

Ok, ever since I saw pictures of Playa Sirena and Playa Paraiso I have wanted to go the Cayo Largo in the worst way. That being said, I'm not sure about the best way to book. We'd be flying out of Edmonton and I'm not sure which hub we would have to fly to in order to get a direct flight to Cayo Largo. Is there a place that flies direct? Just wondering if anyone has any info/advice in this area. Thanks in advance.

Edited: 10:59 pm, April 29, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting to Cayo Largo from Western Canada.....Is it hard????

Right now you can get one week at the Playa Blanca leaving May 27 out of Toronto for $472 (Trip Central). A flight to Toronto from Calgary on Westjet is $700 so you get the package for under $1150. Might be a little more from Edmonton. We are going to do this in August or September and stay for two weeks. Can hardly wait.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting to Cayo Largo from Western Canada.....Is it hard????

We have travelled to CL from Calgary in low season (May and Sept), because you are using a domestic flight from Western Canada to get to Toronto or, Montreal do not cut your flight times close just in case the tour operator changes the flight times and or, if there are delays; if you miss your flight you are out of luck. Also keep in mind the package prices from TO or, MO tend to be really good during low season, so please keep your expectations very low. Bottom line during low season you will be getting bare bones as there are Staff layoffs, not all amenities are offered; supplies are not abundant and they could run out of some items; also there could be maintenance work done during your stay.

It really is the perfect time for R&R and to get a true Island feeling, we prefer when there are not many people around and you can enjoy the magic of that beautiful beach, unfortunately travelling from western Canada you are not getting bang for your buck.

13. Re: Getting to Cayo Largo from Western Canada.....Is it hard????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 25, 2014