We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dingos

melbourne
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
dingos

is there any dingos in kakadu anywhere or in jabiru

7 replies to this topic
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,870 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dingos

Jabiru no, Kakadu in theory yes you may hear them howling at night but don't encourage them by leaving food out as the wild pigs may pay you a visit also.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: dingos

I've seen dingo's in Jabiru and Kakadu (including a dingo family at Yellow Waters) but they are generally shy creatures so you might see a quick flash of one but if they see you- they won't hang around. If you keep your eyes peeled in Kakadu, you can see a lot but you do need to be on the look out. As LsBob said, you mustn't feed any wild animals in Jabiru or Kakadu as they become pests (as per Fraser Island).

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dingos

When I've been out to Jabiru I've only heard them howling at night as LsBob said. I've seen them closer up other places and when they howl they do seem further away but in fact they are often quite near.

No problem with the dingoes just don't leave food out - as others have said.

Lou

Kota Kinabalu...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dingos

My partner and I were driving along the highway one afternoon (in January 2010) and we spotted a dog-like creature at the edge of the bushland just off the road. I alerted my partner that it was a dingo, and he agreed. So I think there are dingos in the area. We were driving fast that I didn't get to take a picture of it, but it was a nice, memorable surprise.

Edited: 12:02 pm, April 24, 2011
5. Re: dingos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, April 24, 2011

Kota Kinabalu...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: dingos

My partner and I were driving along the highway one afternoon (in January 2010) and we spotted a dog-like creature at the edge of a bush just off the road. I alerted my partner that it was a dingo, and he agreed. So I think there are dingos in the area. We were driving fast that I didn't get to take a picture of it, but it was a nice, memorable surprise.

Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dingos

Jasmine 26. Have you seen any dingos? Did you end up traveling to Jabiru? I am really interested how you used the name Jabiru? I have seen many Dingos over the last 5 years. Never feed any animals in a national park. Did you look at Kakadu National park website? Did you travel to Kakadu?

Reply to: dingos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jabiru
Recent Conversations