We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Transfer

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Helicopter Transfer

Has anyone done the helicopter transfer with Island Hoppers from Sangster to the Whitehouse property? It's about a 20 minute ride, a little costly but I was wondering about safety, professionalism, etc. Thanks!

Oregon
Level Contributor
471 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Transfer

I would love to hear about this as well.

BayArea...can you give me prices? and have you gotten any feed back anywhere else on this?

Thanks.

R

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Transfer

I have not posted this on any other area of this sight. Looks like maybe I should because I haven't gotten any info here. Maybe the general Jamaica forum... Cost is $600 each way. There is an actual landing pad on the Whitehouse property where we are staying. I have never been on a helicopter and thought it would be a great experience with the added bonus of cutting the travel time to Westmoreland. Just wanted to get some feedback from other travelers. It would be a beautiful ride I am sure!

Do you already have a trip booked? Where are you staying? The cost I was quoted was to the Sandals Whitehouse property. It may be cheaper if you are closer to Sangster Airport. I am really leaning toward this option. Just trying to get more info. I will post anything new I learn. Have a great day!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Transfer

I don't think you have to worry about the safety aspect of it. Air traffic regulations in Jamaica are pretty stringent and there has never been a helicopter accident involving any commercial aircraft. I would guess Island Hoppers to be perfectly safe.

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Transfer

We met people at SWH this past Feb. who used the helicopter transfer and they liked everything about it. Unless they have added a landing area on the WH grounds, from what I recall they landed a very short distance from WH. Also, I believe it costs $600 for the helicopter, but if more than one couple goes, they split the cost.

Oregon
Level Contributor
471 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Transfer

Talked to Island Hoppers today..."Michelle" is very nice and accomodating. We chose to do the helicopter from MoBay back to SWH after our canopy tour. Thought we could spend some time in MoBay after the tour and return to the hotel about 4pm...Michelle said that they don't fly after 6pm and that at 4pm we would still get a view of the island.

The cost is $600.00, but we are spitting the cost with our friends. It seemed like a great alternative to riding back to the resort in a van. The thing we are looking forward to the least is all those round trip car rides on vacation! RT to and from the Airport...RT to and from Negril and then to back to mobay for the tour.... And even that doesn't sound so bad since we will be in paradise....and we get to do all our car trips with Sienna and Sala, so all in all...NO COMPLAINTS HERE...just excited about going in a helicopter for the first time!

JILL...I am so jealous that you are leaving so soon....DONT FORGET TO POST DETAILS!!!

Peace.

Robin

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter Transfer

$600 is another round trip airfare to the island. Myself, that's where my money would go. It would be nice to see the country from the air, but not for that kind of money.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter Transfer

We are 2 couples traveling in July 2008. Does anyone have the contact name, phone number or website for the helicopter transfer? Thanks.

newyork
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Helicopter Transfer

We have booked the helipcoter transfer to the whitehouse sandals . Michelle at island hoppers was our contact . helipcopter@mail.infochan.com 876 974 1285.They have been very professional so far. We had stayed at secrets a couple of years ago in the Dominican Republic and had taken a helicopter transfer from the airport instead of the 2 hour drive and it worked out great. Hope this helps

newyork
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Helicopter Transfer

sorry spelling error; helicopter@mail.infochan.com

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Helicopter Transfer

Streeter, thanks for your response. I see you live in NYC, so do we. We are in Brooklyn.