We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferragudo Questions

Which Ferragudo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferragudo Questions

Hi all,

I’m going to a private apartment in Ferragudo last week in September until 4th Oct. I know it’s a quiet area and that fine but i just have a few questions:

Is there many restaurants in Ferragudo– Not too expensive but nice?

Are there any bars? Open late.

Would you need a car to get around eg trip to Lagos,Albeferia or is the public transport good in the area?

If there is any other advice or information anyone would like to share with me re Ferragudo it would be greatly appreciated?

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferragudo Questions

there are 3 or 4 nice restaurants most expensive being the fish restaurants on quayside I think there is 1 bar that stays open late but nowhere else ,the best restaurant is faragood up small side street on oposite side of dried up riverbed to the small square, ferragudo only has a couple of small shops, if you want to stock up you will need to go into portimao or there is a lidl about 2kms outside village on main portimao road I would definetely say hire a car you will need to get from the airport anyway

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferragudo Questions

Ferragudo is a great place from which to explore the Algarve but I would definitely recommend having a car.

There are some nice restaurants. Best to walk around, see what people are eating and check the prices. Do not order fish from the chill cabinets, i.e. by weight, unless you get a quote first and know exactly how much you are paying or you could be in for a big shock when you get the bill.

Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferragudo Questions

Thanks for your reply,

We will be getting a taxi from the airport as we don’t arrive until late and don’t want to be trying to find our way to the apartment at night. But will probably get a car for two or three days as were on a budget and it’s looking quite expensive to hire one for the whole week....

I take it that there is more nightlife in Portimao, from what i hear that’s not too far from ferragudo??

Another quick question is how far is vilamoura from ferragudo, really want to spend some time there it look gorgeous!!

Thanks for your help....

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferragudo Questions

The car for a few days is a good compromise. Usually minimum rental is 3 days. Vilamoura is on the other side of Albufeira. It will take you 30 - 40 minutes by car, much longer by bus.

The nightlife is mostly in Portimao and Praia da Rocha but I don't know much about the nightlife in that area. Portimao is very near and there probably is a bus service or it shouldn't cost too much by taxi.

Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferragudo Questions

Just looked a at decent map of the Algarve to see that vilamoura and Ferragudo are not close.... ah well!

Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferragudo Questions

That’s great to know, Thanks a million!!

I think that the bank holiday in Portugal is the weekend I will be there, first week in October, is that correct? If so, take it there will be a good athmosphere around the place...Cant wait one way or the other, just wish it was sooner!!!

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferragudo Questions

The 5 October is Republic Day, usually lots of fireworks. Everything is open, except a few independant shops and the hypermarkets which close at 1pm.

Edited: 11:24 am, June 10, 2010
Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferragudo Questions

Damn i will be there from the 27th Sept - 4th Oct! Typical....I will just miss it...

Thanks so much for your help Bld211, is there anything a real must do while we are in the algarve in your opinion?(sorry for all the question - i dont get abroad much :-)

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferragudo Questions

When you have the car, take a drive down to Lagos, Sagres and Cape St Vincent, the latter being the south-western most tip of Europe.

Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferragudo Questions

Can anyone tell me the names of the pub(s) in Ferragudo and if they are open in October.....& also how much would a taxi be from Portimao to Ferragudo?

Tnx

Get answers to your questions about Ferragudo