We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed finding private taxi from train to Sunauli

New York
Level Contributor
393 posts
50 reviews
41 helpful votes
Help needed finding private taxi from train to Sunauli

Hi - we'll be traveling in February with our two youngest sons. We're taking an overnight train from Varanasi (how exactly am I supposed to book that BTW?) and arriving in Gorakhpur where I prefer to take a private taxi to the border. We're in a bit of a hurry and I try not to do any public transport with the boys in case someone gets sick etc. (based on past experiences with that happening...).

I found a couple places online but am not sure if they're reliable and honest (bad experience in Vietnam with a taxi attempting to charge us more than we agreed on upon arrival - we didn't pay it).

I read on here that there are the big and smaller buses to the border? If we get stuck, I'd opt for the smaller bus. How long does that take to reach the border? We have a ride once we arrive and pass through immigration.

Thanks!!

2 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for India
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
204 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: Help needed finding private taxi from train to Sunauli

Train tickets

www.irctc.co.in

For taxis: see if you can book Ola Cabs. They seem to have oustation services available. You can book the cab for round trip

New York
Level Contributor
393 posts
50 reviews
41 helpful votes
2. Re: Help needed finding private taxi from train to Sunauli

Thank you - I'm having error message issues with irctc and it seems that my seats I needed are already sold out for the night I need them and am freaking out a little. Not sure what to do now...

I'll check out that cab company; thanks!

Reply to: Help needed finding private taxi from train to Sunauli
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gorakhpur