We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist SIM card

Kathmandu Valley...
Level Contributor
313 posts
41 reviews
10 helpful votes
Tourist SIM card

Hi,

please suggest, how should I get a tourist SIM card at Gorakhpur. I am coming from Kathmandu, Nepal for a 20 days long South India tour and need a SIM card.

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
23,385 posts
423 reviews
369 helpful votes
1. Re: Tourist SIM card

Google "Airtel Store" and visit the nearest as per your hotel location.The staff at your hotel can help you for that.

Kathmandu Valley...
Level Contributor
313 posts
41 reviews
10 helpful votes
2. Re: Tourist SIM card

Hi Rahul, thank you for your immediate help. This gave me a base to start searching..

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
67,805 posts
239 reviews
340 helpful votes
3. Re: Tourist SIM card

Yes for all operators (Airtel, Vodafone, Idea etc.) the normal branch offices are not allowed/enabled to sell these SIMs to foreigners (it's more complex paperwork than what they can handle). However the regional offices, for a town like Gorakhpur at least 3-4 in the whole city hence one should be within 10 km from your place, can do. Visit closest store and they will refer you to the proper one.

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Reply to: Tourist SIM card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gorakhpur