We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tours....Are they legit ?

Which Coron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabang
Level Contributor
6 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Booking tours....Are they legit ?

Hello, me and my wife will be going to Coron this september 2011...tried booking directly with hotels...then i came across in the net with booking agency with their really affordable packages...but one thing i noticed there are no landline nor manila numbers to confirm if they are really legit. I have already exchanged emails with them and the only thing that is holding me back is what if this is a scam? any feedback from this booking tour agencies? what would you guys recommend, based on your experience? i hope tripadvisor will not censor any names of the agency that will be mentioned. Thank you and hoping for a prompt reply...

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,414 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking tours....Are they legit ?

Who is the booking agency?

I would go with my gut feeling. Usually if it is too good to be true it is.

Rely on recommendationds from members here.

Tommo

Alabang
Level Contributor
6 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking tours....Are they legit ?

thank you.......based on what i have read here there are two booking agency mentioned that is ......corongaleri and corontravel ......i guess i better limit my option to the two of them......any experiences with the two of them? feedbacks please? thank you....

Manila
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking tours....Are they legit ?

Just came from Coron on my own about two weeks ago... the agencies you mentioned are trustworthy base on their office and tarpaulins in the airport and coron town I think... I didn't book a hotel and tour package before I flew there.. I just rode a van form airport for 150 per pax and ask them to bring me to the public market (beside coron gateway but its so expensive there so I settled on one near there for a cheaper price.. Then i ask around for the islands tour w/c was standard for 1500 per banca whole day, also let me remind you to be specific if you are familiar with the island there or where to go to inform the boatman you want to go there, as other islands are quite far and will be more expensive than 1500 per bancas... HTH...

epic1002

Alabang
Level Contributor
6 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking tours....Are they legit ?

thank you so much @epic1002...i will book my tour now...

5. Re: Booking tours....Are they legit ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, June 01, 2012