We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport within Camiguin

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Topic
Transport within Camiguin

In Camiguin, it is really necessary to hire a pedicab to bring us around? Are trikes available there?

I only wanted to go to a few places in Camiguin especially Mantigue Island. So I was thinking a trike might be cheaper by just hailing a possing trike.

As for Mantigue Island, are there boats readily waiting for passengers in Camiguin? How about from Mantigue Island to Camiguin?

My aim is just to reduce the cost as much as possible.

Thanks.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport within Camiguin

Pedicab? I haven't seen pedicab touring around tourists in Camiguin, it is physically impossible to tour Camiguin using a pedicab. There are tricycles and jeepneys in Camiguin.

I know there are no scheduled public boats going to Mantigue so you need to hire a boat to take you to and back Mantigue Island. Are you on a solo trip? You can rent a scooter with driver for just Php600-700 to take you around Camiguin, that's only SGD20 for a whole day worth of trip.

Edited: 11:05 pm, April 10, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport within Camiguin

Keg,

I am referring to this.

…blogspot.com/-4zQP_iZNEnc/…Image1407.jpg

So I can hire a scooter with driver for <P1000? That will be awesome.

As for Mantigue, I am ok with hire a boat but was wondering does the cost include the return trip and the scooter driver is willing to wait for me in Camiguin while I am in Mantigue.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport within Camiguin

Oh, a "multicab" because I thought you meant this --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_rickshaw.

You can rent a multicab for a whole day tour of the island for about 1,300-1,500 and you can fit more than 10 people in that so it is really a value for your money if you are in a group. Yes the scooter including the service of a driver is less than 1,000 pesos for a whole day worth of touring and waiting.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport within Camiguin

Regarding roundtrip boat rental to Mantigue. If I remember it right it is about 500-600 good for 4-6 pax. How about going to White Island? I like it more there than Mantigue. I know where have you been in this country and I have a hunch that Mantigue would be just an ordinary sight for you.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport within Camiguin

I knew the boat ride to both White Island and Mantigue will not be cheap for a solo traveller like me.

Well, this is the price to pay for travelling solo.......

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport within Camiguin

I'm sure there are other tourists going to Mantigue and White Island specially if it is a weekend. You may want to tag along with them, I'm sure they will appreciate your company. Share a boat... win a friend ;-)

For a solo traveler I will highly recommend that you just rent a scooter which costs less than half of what you will pay for a multicab.

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay in Camiguin then you may want to check out GV Pension House another option is Pabua Cottage which is just a stone throw away from Paras Resort (where I always stay in Camiguin). Enigmata Treehouse is also worth trying if you want something different.

Edited: 2:55 am, April 11, 2012
7. Re: Transport within Camiguin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 05, 2013