We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

Hello fols,

I'll be visiting Tanjung Puting as a solo traveler (my girlfriend cannot get time off work, so she'll be stuck in Singapore) in mid October this year so I'm looking for a few more travellers to share a tour/Klotok with me. I am flexible on dates ... anyone in a similar position.

Pangkalan Bun
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

Dear sir

we are so glad to offer your tour to tanjung puting and to share you with other people

please contact www.orangutantravel.com if you need more question regarding planning trip to tanjung puting

thanks

best regards

yani

Pontianak, Indonesia
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

Dear Ivek,

I am please to confirm that traveling to orangutan sanctuary is easier, today I meet someone who just travel alone named Yves Holenstein from Swiss, I think it would be better for you to contact him withing this week for he is from today 8/9/2011 - 10/9/20011 will traveling into the jungle on private tour organized by local community. Under responsibility of Indonesian Tourist Guide of Kalimantan Chapter.

It nice for you to contact via Indonesian mobile operator +6281215398293 for he will be in Indonesia until the next 3 weeks.

You may also contact Diana Margaret Rowley who has visited The Park 2 week ago, how did she she managed the tour contact her at: dianarowley1@gmail.com.

Kindly regards,

Alex

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

hi all, to Ivek I'm also traveling on my own in Borneo and looking to do a tour in Tanjung/Camp Leakey (boat, hiking, etc) - would be keen to connect up with a few others if possible for a tour, around the 27th of september. you can contact me at Lboucherle@hotmail.com.

cheers

lyndsey

Pontianak, Indonesia
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

Dear All,

I regret not to know your planing. Unluckily, at the same time I was scouting a cruise from Australia, therefore I could not do anything for you.

Now I just finished my work, please let us know if there is anyone need our assistance.

Warm regards,

Alex Afdhal

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

To lyndsey,

Did you get a chance to travel to Camp Leaky and Tanjung Puting? If possible, can you share the contact information.

Thanks

bali
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

Hi Jinasir, I just came back from Tanjung Puting and can highly recommend a guide named Isy who is really nice, knowledgable and funny. He also has, by far, the nicest boat. Its got hammocks and really comfortable chairs. Ceiling on the upper deck is tall so you can stand up. Not sure his phone number but his email is isy_iskandar@yahoo.com. Good luck, Maria!

Gold Coast...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

Hi Maria

Can you tell me how you travelled to Tanjun Puting. Did you travel with agroup or alone?

bali
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

I went with a friend and arranged through isy (he's got a little business there). We had teh boat to ourselves and, while they had a program for us, we basically just told the captain once we got on the water what we wanted to do. It was really relaxed, but also very professiona. You can also just arrange everything after you land in Pangkalan Bun but it doesnt end up saving you as much money as you think and some of the guys hounding you at the airport are pretty aggressive (and you risk, for the lower price, getting the crummiest boat/guide etc). .

Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

Always bring a small calculator with you. Good tool to not only quickly convert currency rates but to show whoever it is the price you are thinking of paying.

italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tanjung Puting, sharing a tour

Hello everybody! I am planning a visit to TPNP next March around 22 and 23 (starting early on 22 and returning late on 23 so as to spend only 1 night on the boat with visit of the 3 feeding stations and forest walk - obviously sleeping the first and last night in P.B.) - I will be on my own, is anyone interested in joining the tour to share costs? Bye