We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floods

Carrick, Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Floods

Namaste! Have Paparsali and/or Kasar Devi/Kalimat been hit by the floods? Please! somebody answer my question. Thank you.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floods

Hi 888peaceonearth,

The places like papar saili, kalimati, which is situated in almora, wasn't affected by flood.

Also the kasar devi temple and surrounding is safe.

Almora...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Floods

The part of Kumaon in Uttarakahand is safe and not affected by flood... for more details you may visit :

http://almoraonline.com/

Carrick, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Floods

Namaste, thank you very much for swiftly answering my question. I so glad to hear that the local people and everybody else, their houses, the temples, as well as the animals and Nature in Paparsaly and in Kasar Devi/Kalimat have not been affected by the terrible flood. It is saddening to hear that in Almora town as many as 26(?) people have died from the flood. Thank you for the link. I will use it. With kindest regards, ~Anna

Carrick, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Floods

Dearest Lalbahadur, thank you so much for your message with the good news. I tried to find out myself, but could not find out if the people living in Paparsaili and Kaasar Devi/Kalimati were affected by that terrible flood. I am saddened by the news that in Almora town as many as 26(?) people have died as a result of the flood, and I hope that it is not true. Nature can be so cruel unexpectedly, and on the other hand be so healing in many ways. May you and family and friends always be comfortable and safe. With kindest regards, ~Anna

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floods

thanks anna...

yes its true that some people died in that disaster, but the counting is as per my knowledge is 7.

nature is unpredictable..we have to respect by all means..its superior and can do anything possible on this earth..

6. Re: Floods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 31, 2014