We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Shirdi by air

Which Shirdi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Travel to Shirdi by air

Sairam.

Hello:

My family and I and planning to visit Shirdi in July from Delhi by air. We are wondering if it is better to travel from Aurangabad or Pune.

Which route will be safer and faster ?

Can someone please advise on best route - we have kids and elderly people in our group and thinking of renting a car/taxi from Pune or Aurangabad airport.

Thanks

Sai Devotee

New Delhi
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

hi there,

So how did you finally go to Shirdi by air,

coz I am also planning the same for my family in December.

regards

Himanshu

New Delhi
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

Hi,

Any answers for above question. . .i'm planning same with my wife,kid & Parents.

still confused which route should be opted. .any suggestions?

Thanks

Abhi

New Delhi
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

Hi Abhi,

Well I am telling you so far what i have knw....

U can fly till Aurangabad and take a cab from there to shirdi.. just about 100 kms from there... I dont think there any direct air route to shirdi.

regards

Himanshu

New Delhi
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

Thanks Himanshu for your response!!

Any suggestions for the stay?

Regards

Abhi

New Delhi
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

Well only suggestion would be stay near mandir and also ask for VIP darshaan From hotel ppl they do have certain arrangements that they offer you... I also yet to visit shirdi in December..

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

the best and the nearest airport is Aurangabad and there are cabs at the airport which ply especially on the route of shirdi as maximum passengers from that airport head straight to Shiridi

the pune option is also good but the travel time would be double as pune is 200 kms from Shirdi

there are many good hotels for all budget around the main temple the best option would be sun and sand but this would also be the costliest option but it is the most recommended

enjoy your trip

TravelAlong

Jamshedpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

Sairam.

My family and I'm planning to visit Shirdi in December from Allahabad/Varanasi by air. We are wondering if it is better to travel from Aurangabad or Pune.

Can someone please advise on best route - we have kids in our group and thinking of renting a car/taxi from Pune or Aurangabad airport.

Thanks

Sai Devotee

Jamshedpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

Sairam.

My family and I'm planning to visit Shirdi in December from Allahabad/Vanarasi by air. We are wondering if it is better to travel from Aurangabad or Pune.

Can someone please advise on best route - we have kids in our group and thinking of renting a car/taxi from Pune or Aurangabad airport.

Thanks

Sai Devotee

New Delhi
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

Om Sai Ram,

Aurangabad is nearer and faster to reach... Hotel can be easily chosen after reaching the temple...

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to Shirdi by air

+I am srinivasan from chennai. i am planning to visit shirdi temple by air. guide me about stay and darshan.