We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local markets?

Level Contributor
14 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
local markets?

Hi were in Koutouloufari in september, can anyone tell me if there are any local markets, and if so where and on what days?

Thanks in advance Janet

Scotland
Level Contributor
214 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local markets?

I may be wrong but we asked the Manager at the villa Anna Iraklis this 2 years ago and he said the only market was in Heraklion and it was more of a locals market not touristy.

I am sure someone will be along to correct me as the wife likes a good market as well

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
130 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local markets?

We were told the same thing about local markets that there is one in Heraklion. As an alternative they suggested we go to Krista which is a small village about 10 minutes from Agios Nikolas (probably about 45 from Koutouloufari) where there most if the village is made up of locally run greek shops with lots of authentic Cretian made products. My GF loved that town and enjoyed shopping there.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,599 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local markets?

Hi there

As already mentioned the markets tend to be for locals so are held in villages and towns with a local community rather than a tourist resort, there is a market every day in Heraklion and one in Agios Nikolaos on a Wednesday morning with another in Elounda on a Friday morning but these tend to sell household products and fruit and veg you,would be better going to the market in Herkalion, which although does sell fruit veg etc does also sell some other products as it's that much larger

4. Re: local markets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Koutouloufari
Recent Conversations