We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices please

cheshire
Level Contributor
987 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
prices please

Considering Koutouloufari for late september for a week,hubby wants to go back to zante. I know everyone says Zante is the cheapest greek island, and cost is a issue but i would like to try another island

Would like to know the prices of a local beer, half litre of house wine and the cost of a 2 course meal i.e stifado,kleftico steak meal (hubby,) we don't usually have a dessert to full.

regards tracey

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices please

Hi, Koutouloufari, Piskopiano and Hersonissos old village all have lots of lovely traditional tavernas (hard to find these days) that serve good food for very reasonable prices and cheap drinks. Lots of them give you complimentary desserts and after dinner drinks too.Just a few examples, at Areston restaurant, halfway between Koutouloufari and Hersonissos, half a carafe of wine is 3 euros, huge greek salad 4 euros. The locals eat there (and an increasing rate of tourists) and we've had a couple of cheap, tasty, good home-made greek meals there. Davids (David Vegera) offer quality meze at about 3 euros a pop, Esperos also do meze as well as (amongst others) half a village chicken and lamb with honey and thyme, both about 10-12 euros and they are delicious and plentiful. Georgios taverna in Old Hersonissos offers their own tasty home cooked food with veggies from their garden and you always get a warm welcome there. Not sure about beer prices, but if you scout through previous threads I'm sure you'll find the answer.

We love Crete, it is a very individual island and Cretans are a proud but warm people. If you do decide to visit, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

P.S. My photo is one taken in Crete :-)

Edited: 3:55 am, August 01, 2013
Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices please

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g678908-i16540-k…

Didn't have to look very far! :-)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prices please

Just returned & we found it quite expensive for drinks especially. Large beer is usually 3 euros, half a litre of wine about 6 euros, went to Stalis one night which seemed much cheaper but not as nice there! We usually go to Skiathos which is slightly cheaper than Koutouloufari.

england
Level Contributor
670 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prices please

It is possible to have one drink and a main course for 10 euros a person but our bill always worked out nearer to 20 euros a person. I agree drinks really put our bill up but don't like making kids drink water if I wasn't

5. Re: prices please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Koutouloufari