We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to see the Snowy Owls

Which Tsawwassen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to see the Snowy Owls

Hello,

So, first to post to this forum - hopefully someone can help!

Some friends and I would like to come out from downtown Vancouver to see the snowy owls that have temporarily migrated south and can apparently be found between 64th and 72nd Streets.

We hope to see the owls but would likely spend no more than an hour or so there, and would appreciate any suggestions for other things to do in the vicinity - we'll have a car - so we'd be interested in hearing about nice beaches, great views, somewhere nice to have lunch (although not TOO expensive), and any other points of interest that would be worthwhile stopping by to see/do. We're all in our late 20s but are interested in any suggestions! We like anything that involves a photo opportunity :)

Also if anyone has any tips on seeing the snowy owls that would be great too!

Thanks so much,

M

15 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day Trip to see the Snowy Owls

Thanks robinsegg, sounds great!

Vancouverite, that's such a shame. I had heard that it was a small, quaint community with great views and possible whale sightings (although unlikely at this time of the year, I think!).. I had also heard that Beach Grove is a charming community worth a visit, coupled with a drive along centennial beach.

We'll see how it goes! Perhaps if it's raining (as it's meant to) on Saturday, we'll have to postpone.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,078 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day Trip to see the Snowy Owls

I know people who love Pt. Roberts. I guess it just depends on what you like. Its probably worth your while to just go and find out for yourself. :>

here
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Day Trip to see the Snowy Owls

Hey, are the owls still there? Wondering when they will migrate back so we can try to make it out to see them. Anyone know?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Day Trip to see the Snowy Owls

I think they are still there, I have some friends who went to see them last weekend.

Unfortunately I still haven't been, so I'm hoping they are still there myself! I think they are due to migrate back up sometime in March, if that helps.

here
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Day Trip to see the Snowy Owls

Yes that helps. I also heard sometime in March but we are already in March so I thought I would check with others here. Anyone else see them within the last few days? Or is there a number that we can call to check with?

Reply to: Day Trip to see the Snowy Owls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tsawwassen